Chatham , New Hampshire
With over 30 acres bordering the White Mountain National Forest, Chatham Acres is just 1.5 hours from Portland, Maine, and offers easy access to breathtaking hikes, waterfalls, swimming holes, and natural pools.
Once home to the Boston Cooking School, the property is steeped in history becoming famous following the 1896 publication of “The Boston Cooking School Cook Book” by Fannie Merritt Farmer.
Today, couples can rent both the Guest Home and Guest Cottage for the weekend, choose to get married on the porch or off the corner of the orchard, and celebrate by setting up a custom tented reception. With plenty of lawn parking on the opposite side of the house, guests can come early and walk the grounds while snacking on the property’s blueberry and blackberry bushes, or pulling a crisp apple from the small on-site orchard.
- Credit Card Accepted?
- Online Planning Tools?
- One Wedding Per Weekend?
- Changing Rooms - 4 available in Carriage House
- Parking - Up to 80 cars.
- Electric Power - Available at ceremony and reception sites.
- Water - Suitable for cooking and drinking.
- Kitchen Access - Available for staging and prep or residential use.
- Cellular Service - Available
Amenities to Rent *
- Restrooms (Flushable Trailers / Portable)
- Onsite Overnight Accommodations (see below)
* Recommendations Available
Region: New Hampshire
Type: Outdoor Only
Outdoor capacity: 150
Event Start Time: 11am
Event End Time: 10pm
- Suitable for cooking and drinking; hose hook-up available for flushable restroom trailers.
- Tentrr Site available for additional fee.
- Dry camping authorized for additional $25.00/person.
Dogs or cats of the bride and groom only.
Smoking Policy: No smoking.
Open Flame Policy: Possible upon request; requires applicable permits from local fire department.
Home Rental Details
Beds: 9 (Carriage House: Bedroom 1 - Double Bed, Bedroom 2 - Double Bed, Bedroom 3 - Double Bed, Bedroom 4 - two twins. Guest Cottage: Bedroom 1 - Double Bed, Bedroom 2 - two twins, Bedroom 3 - one twin.)
Stay for the weekend and rent the 4 bedroom Carriage House ($250/night)and 3 bedroom Guest Cottage ($200/night) for up to 13 guests. With a great front porch and screened in front room, the Carriage house offers a cozy-chic vibe for half of the wedding party leading up to the big day. Offer the Guest Cottage to the other half of the wedding party and uphold tradition by keeping the two parties separate until the ceremonial vows.
Prices vary by season
Call Us: 857-770-1477
Select your Wedding Date →
Call Us: 857-770-1477