With over 30 acres bordering the White Mountain National Forest, Chatham Acres is just 1.5 hours from Portland, Maine, and offers easy access to breathtaking hikes, waterfalls, swimming holes, and natural pools.
Once home to the Boston Cooking School, the property is steeped in history becoming famous following the 1896 publication of “The Boston Cooking School Cook Book” by Fannie Merritt Farmer.
Today, couples can rent both the Guest Home and Guest Cottage for the weekend, choose to get married on the porch or off the corner of the orchard, and celebrate by setting up a custom tented reception. With plenty of lawn parking on the opposite side of the house, guests can come early and walk the grounds while snacking on the property’s blueberry and blackberry bushes, or pulling a crisp apple from the small on-site orchard.
7 bedrooms4.5 bathrooms
Stay for the weekend and rent the 4 bedroom Carriage House ($295/night)and 3 bedroom Guest Cottage ($200/night) for up to 13 guests. With a great front porch and screened in front room, the Carriage house offers a cozy-chic vibe for half of the wedding party leading up to the big day. Offer the Guest Cottage to the other half of the wedding party and uphold tradition by keeping the two parties separate until the ceremonial vows.
Prices vary by season
Venue Rental Policies
Dogs or cats of the wedding couple only.
- Event End Time: 10 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking.
- Open Flame Policy: Possible upon request; requires applicable permits from local fire department.
General Rental Policies
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.