A Greek Revival mansion built in 1833, the Forbes House Museum sits at the crest of a hill with stunning views of the Boston Harbor and skyline. Upon arrival, you'll feel the historic essence as you pass the estate’s stone-walled entrance, coupled with an amazing beech tree and columned front porch. Pass through the picturesque mansion or walk along the south side of the home through the Asian-inspired garden affectionately named “the Island of Infinite Pleasantness.” Around back, you’ll enjoy expansive views with plenty of space for an outdoor ceremony, elegant cocktail hour and tented reception.
Want to soak in more of this venue’s historic charm? You’ll also find an exact replica of Lincoln’s log cabin, a 19th century barn, and the original carriage house, all perfect for unique photo backdrops throughout this property that's a National Historic Landmark.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 10 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking.
- Open Flame Policy: Open flames not permitted
- Pet Policy: Pets are welcome.
- Fireworks: Not permitted due to MA state law.
- Trash and Recycling: Couple must consolidate in designated area.
- Noise: No amplified music after 10pm.
Venue is required to notify police of event at least 48 hours prior to event.
Tent vendors must notify town building department in advance for tent permit.
Alcohol may be served by a licensed caterer or a certified and insured bartender. Bartenders must request a 1 day license from the town for $50.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.