While accessible by car, this property also features a deepwater mooring accessible by boat for the most exclusive affair. This saltwater farm dates back to the 1800s, featuring stone walls traversing open fields, a historic barn, and family home built in 1869. Enjoy manicured flower beds, ocean views and three acres of fields for both ceremony and reception sites, along with a white back deck perfect for an intimate cocktail hour. With breathtaking views overlooking MacMahan Island and Little Sheepscot, this waterfront property is the perfect place to capture not only the essence but also the raw beauty of coastal New England.
3 bedrooms3 bathrooms
Upstairs: 3 bedrooms to include queen bed with an adjoining full bath, and two bedrooms with a full bed each that share a 3/4 bath. There is also a full size crib.
Downstairs: Private Parlor with view and queen-sized sleeper sofa with an adjoining 3/4 bath.
Prices vary by season
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: No open flames other than fires in authorized fire-pit. Fireworks permitted with prior approval from local fire department.
- Pet Policy: Permitted.
- Decorations: All decorations must be removed prior to departing venue.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are required to separate trash and recycling and place in designated area. Hosts will take to local landfill. Lobster and clam shells permitted, however, all shells must go overboard into water.
- Venue Access: Please be respectful of antique house & grounds.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
House Rental Policies
Pet Policy: Pets of wedding party allowed. Must be house trained with clean bill of health and not allowed on furniture.
Smoking Policy: No smoking.
Guest Limit: 8 overnight guests. Other than wedding party or family to get ready on the wedding day, there are no indoor parties or additional wedding guests authorized inside the home. This is an antique home with antique finishes so cannot withstand the additional wear and tear.