East Haddam, Connecticut
Located in the Land of the Sleeping Giant, Bashan Terraces boasts of the most rich and colorful lands in the region. From vibrant gardens, to a pastel colonial home backdrop and gorgeous green forests. The venue is perfect for the couple who wants to enjoy the outdoors in the elegance of timeless New England estate and farm. Cocktail hours by the home (available for rent overnight as well) and ceremony in a quiet corner of the acres of green grass lined by ancient maples. Bashan Terraces is truly a venue you can make your own. This family owned and renovated estate is meticulously maintained through a true labor of love. From organic vegetable gardens, to orchards and luscious green landscapes, this property is a truly one of a kind space with a heartwarming mission at its core.
After returning the property to an organic farm and orchard, the family started an Adult Vocational Program (AVP), a non-profit business that provides meaningful and healthy work opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities. It’s through this non-profit that the family is able to provide opportunities to the disabled, showcase their work through the farm’s elegant landscape, and provide funding for such a noteworthy cause.
Select an Available Wedding Date →
Current Wedding Date Availability
Select your ideal wedding date to either book the venue or schedule a tour
- One Wedding Per Weekend?
- Online Planning Tools?
- No Required Vendors
- Credit Card Enabled?
- $1M Event Insurance
Call Us: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)
- Changing Rooms - 2, including wedding party suite.
- Bathrooms - 3 - for wedding party on the day of or included with on-site accommodations.
- Parking - Up to 100 cars.
- Electric Power - Available at both reception and ceremony sites. Supports lights, caterer, DJ, coffee pots.
Amenities to Rent *
- Onsite Overnight Accommodations (see below)
* Recommendations Available
Indoor capacity: 50
Outdoor capacity: 200
Event Start Time: 11am
Event End Time: 11pm
- Access to entire house including kitchen for day of wedding.
- Refrigerator, freezer and dry goods storage area available with easy access to reception site.
- Full cell service available throughout property.
- Internet available in house but not in field.
- Fire pit on site and available upon request.
- Home may be rented for a rehearsal dinner for an additional $1000 fee. Rehearsal dinner is permitted free of charge when overnight accommodations are purchased.
Fireworks - upon request and with required permits only.
Pets - authorized for wedding couple only
Camping - permitted with additional fee.
Decorations - no tape on interior/ exterior walls and trim
Fireplaces - Use of gas fireplace permitted. All others are for decoration only.
Smoking Policy: No smoking in house or on porches. Outside permitted.
Open Flame Policy: Torches permitted. Bonfire on site. Other situations, upon request.
Home Rental Details
Beds: 6 (Sleeps 13 (2 queens, 1 full, *4 twins) *4 twins have bedrooms with partitioned walls and cathedral ceilings, therefore you can hear noise from adjoining room.)
This 5,000-square foot fully renovated main home includes 6 fireplaces, 6 bedrooms, and 2.5 baths, while maintaining the historical architecture and craftsmanship of the colonial time period. Highlights include an 800-square foot great-room, with 15 foot vaulted ceilings, built in bookcases, french doors, floor to ceiling windows, and a fireplace, serving as an elegant gathering space and a focal point for the entire home. The interior house showcases exposed chestnut beams on the third floor, detailed moldings and paneling throughout, and original hardwood floors. The exterior has columned porches, brick walkways, stone patios, and traditional architecture. Combined, this home makes for the perfect setting to host your closest friends and family before the big day.
Prices vary by season
Call Us: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)