Located in the Land of the Sleeping Giant, Bashan Terraces boasts of the most rich and colorful lands in the region. From vibrant gardens, to a pastel colonial home backdrop and gorgeous green forests. The venue is perfect for the couple who wants to enjoy the outdoors in the elegance of timeless New England estate and farm. Cocktail hours by the home (available for rent overnight as well) and ceremony in a quiet corner of the acres of green grass lined by ancient maples. Bashan Terraces is truly a venue you can make your own. This family owned and renovated estate is meticulously maintained through a true labor of love. From organic vegetable gardens, to orchards and luscious green landscapes, this property is a truly one of a kind space with a heartwarming mission at its core.
After returning the property to an organic farm and orchard, the family started an Adult Vocational Program (AVP), a non-profit business that provides meaningful and healthy work opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities. It’s through this non-profit that the family is able to provide opportunities to the disabled, showcase their work through the farm’s elegant landscape, and provide funding for such a noteworthy cause.
6 bedrooms3 bathrooms
This 5,000-square foot fully renovated main home includes 6 fireplaces, 6 bedrooms (all second floor), and 2.5 baths, while maintaining the historical architecture and craftsmanship of the colonial time period. Highlights include an 800-square foot great-room, with 15 foot vaulted ceilings, built in bookcases, french doors, floor to ceiling windows, and a fireplace, serving as an elegant gathering space and a focal point for the entire home. The interior house showcases exposed chestnut beams on the third floor, detailed moldings and paneling throughout, and original hardwood floors. The exterior has columned porches, brick walkways, stone patios, and traditional architecture. Combined, this home makes for the perfect setting to host your closest friends and family before the big day.
Prices vary by season
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking in house or on porches. Outside permitted.
- Open Flame Policy: Tiki Torches and table-top candles permitted. Other situations considered upon request.
- Pet Policy: Authorized for wedding couple only.
- Decorations: No tape on interior/ exterior walls and trim.
- Fireworks: Upon request and with required permits only.
- Trash and Recycling: Couples/vendors must bag and consolidate trash and recycling. Host provides 3 regular and 2 recycling bins for event area, and 1 dumpster for trash collection at the end of the rental period.
- Bonfires: Authorized with oversight of on-site rep.
- Noise: No amplified music or noise after 10pm due to town noise ordinance.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
House Rental Policies
Fireplaces - Use of gas fireplace permitted. All others are for decoration only.
Camping - authorized with additional fee.