146 others interested
East Haddam, Connecticut
Located in the Land of the Sleeping Giant, Bashan Terraces boasts of the most rich and colorful lands in the region. From vibrant gardens, to a pastel colonial home backdrop and gorgeous green forests. The venue is perfect for the couple who wants to enjoy the outdoors in the elegance of timeless New England estate and farm. Cocktail hours by the home (available for rent overnight as well) and ceremony in a quiet corner of the acres of green grass lined by ancient maples. Bashan Terraces is truly a venue you can make your own. This family owned and renovated estate is meticulously maintained through a true labor of love. From organic vegetable gardens, to orchards and luscious green landscapes, this property is a truly one of a kind space with a heartwarming mission at its core.
After returning the property to an organic farm and orchard, the family started an Adult Vocational Program (AVP), a non-profit business that provides meaningful and healthy work opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities. It’s through this non-profit that the family is able to provide opportunities to the disabled, showcase their work through the farm’s elegant landscape, and provide funding for such a noteworthy cause.
Select an Available Wedding Date↓
Select and reserve your ideal wedding date before you book or tour the venue.
- One Wedding Per Weekend?
- Online Planning Tools?
- No Required Vendors
- Credit Card Enabled?
- Pay-as-you-go Financing?
- Vendor Recommendations
- Venue Logistics Support
Call or Text: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)
- Changing Rooms - 2, including wedding party suite.
- Restrooms - 3, for wedding party on the day of and included with on-site accommodations. Rentals required for wedding guests.
- Parking - Up to 100 cars.
- Lighting - Includes almost 60 different landscape lights throughout the property. Includes lighting for parking, main path and steps in back of house, the entrance and path to the fire pit, and down lights in several trees that light up the area between house and tent.
- Fire-pit - Wood and on-site rep to tend fire included.
- Electric Power - Available at both reception and ceremony sites. Supports lights, caterer, DJ, coffee pots.
Amenities to Rent *
- Restrooms (Flushable Trailers / Portable)
- Onsite Overnight Accommodations (see below)
* Recommendations Available
Home Rental Details
6 bedrooms3 bathrooms
This 5,000-square foot fully renovated main home includes 6 fireplaces, 6 bedrooms (all second floor), and 2.5 baths, while maintaining the historical architecture and craftsmanship of the colonial time period. Highlights include an 800-square foot great-room, with 15 foot vaulted ceilings, built in bookcases, french doors, floor to ceiling windows, and a fireplace, serving as an elegant gathering space and a focal point for the entire home. The interior house showcases exposed chestnut beams on the third floor, detailed moldings and paneling throughout, and original hardwood floors. The exterior has columned porches, brick walkways, stone patios, and traditional architecture. Combined, this home makes for the perfect setting to host your closest friends and family before the big day.
Fireplaces - Use of gas fireplace permitted. All others are for decoration only.
Camping - authorized with additional fee.
Prices vary by season
- Venue provides one on-site representative to assist with parking, tend fire, and answer general questions.
- Access to entire house including kitchen for day of wedding.
- Refrigerator, freezer and dry goods storage area available with easy access to reception site.
- Full cell service available throughout property.
- Internet available in house but not in field.
- Fire pit on-site and available upon request.
- Home may be rented for a rehearsal dinner for an additional $850 fee for up to 50 guests. Additional guests $10/person. Rehearsal dinner is permitted free of charge when overnight accommodations are purchased.
- Antique restored pick-up truck available to rent as photo backdrop or event prop for $200.
- Rustic dry-camping available for fee: 1-20 guests ($100); 21- 50 guests ($250); 51-80 guests ($350); 81-110 guests ($450)
- Lawn Games: -Includes 2 baggo sets, giant size jenga, giant size connect four, croquet, and washer toss. Includes set-up and break-down ($100)
- Farm Tables: 2 each, 8'x6' farm tables ($85/table).
- Wooden Chairs: 14 x nice wooden chairs ($4/chair).
Indoor capacity: 50
Outdoor capacity: 200
Event End Time: 11 pm
Reception Type: Indoor/Outdoor
Smoking Policy: No smoking in house or on porches. Outside permitted.
Open Flame Policy: Tiki Torches and table-top candles permitted. Other situations considered upon request.
Pet Policy: Authorized for wedding couple only.
Decorations: No tape on interior/ exterior walls and trim.
Fireworks: Upon request and with required permits only.
Trash and Recycling: Couples/vendors must bag and consolidate trash and recycling. Host provides 3 regular and 2 recycling bins for event area, and 1 dumpster for trash collection at the end of the rental period.
Bonfires: Authorized with oversight of on-site rep.
Noise: No amplified music or noise after 10pm due to town noise ordinance.
General Rental Policies?
Insurance: Couples must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly.
Security Deposit: Mayflower collects a $1,000 security deposit before any event, equivalent to the deductible on the Special Event Insurance Policy. Couples may pay by check or bank transfer or Mayflower can run a hold to the card on file before your event.
Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
Caterers: Outside caterers permitted. Food must be provided by a licensed and insured provider.
Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
Trash and Recycling: Couples must consolidate all waste (catering, florist, decor, signage) and place in designated area. Large temporary structures that cannot fit in trash receptacles must be removed from the property.
Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.