24 others interested
Northern Maine Escape
Often compared to the beauty of the Scottish Highlands, and just 21 miles from New Brunswick and the Canadian border, this 100 acre 7th generation former potato farm, provides unrivaled views and stylistic charm. Owner Gina, former designer and professional tour guide now runs a garlic farm and has designed her 19th century farmhouse into a quant B&B complete with tea rooms, library, and outdoor sun-house. Accessible by bus from both Boston and Portland, guests can stay in the towns of Island Falls and Houlton, Maine, and enjoy yesterdays's nostalgic atmosphere, today's warm hospitality, and tomorrow's farm fresh food options like never experienced before.
Select an Available Wedding Date↓
Select and reserve your ideal wedding date before you book or tour the venue.
- One Wedding Per Weekend?
- Online Planning Tools?
- No Required Vendors
- Credit Card Enabled?
- Pay-as-you-go Financing?
- Vendor Recommendations
- Venue Logistics Support
Call or Text: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)
- Changing Rooms - Main home with 3 bedrooms available for day of use or available to rent for entire stay.
- Restrooms - 2 restrooms inside home available for family and wedding party
- Parking - Up to 75 cars
- Electric Power - 2 outdoor outlets available along with garage and deck power outlets. Solar motion sensor spotlights throughout property
Amenities to Rent *
- Onsite Overnight Accommodations (see below)
* Recommendations Available
Home Rental Details
3 bedrooms1 bathrooms
Charmingly restored country farmhouse. Guests have access to 90% of the house and grounds. The owner lives on the property in the host's private quarters. 1 bathroom is shared for up to 5 guests. Host provides room straightening and daily laundry. Homemade cooking service available for all meals. For farm fresh to gourmet style cooking, inquire with host. Guests have access to a private club 8 miles away for 5 dollars per person. Club has a pool, hot tub, sauna, weight room, and game room.
Prices vary by season
- Small kitchen available. Includes limited counter space, wash area, oven, and electric stove. Refrigerator access upon request.
- Larger kitchens available at local community centers for donation or rent upon request.
- Tables and chairs available from local community center, snowmobile club or church; donation requested in exchange
- Farm to table rehearsal dinner or Sunday brunch catering services available from on site host and former restaurant chef.
Outdoor capacity: 300
Event End Time: 11 pm
Reception Type: Outdoor Only
General Rental Policies?
Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
Caterers: Outside caterers permitted. Renters must hire a licensed and insured caterer for their event.
Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.