83 others interested
Cedar East Barn
Nestled within the private wooded uplands of Massachusetts’ South Shore, rests East Cedar Barn and 40 acres of glistening natural cranberry bogs as far as the eye can see. Conveniently located just 5 minutes off of Interstate 495, this 3rd generation working farm achieves an unrivaled antique elegance, complete with a 1940’s yellow pine barn for 150 of your special guests. With weathered cedar shingles and a 50’ x 50’ refurbished main floor, the majestic barn sits on a hill overlooking the entire farm. Like a bit of historic charm? Enjoy a specially designed accent wall complete with vintage cranberry boxes, antique farming artifacts, and working cranberry sorter even your guests can try!
Select an Available Wedding Date↓
Select and reserve your ideal wedding date before you book or tour the venue.
- One Wedding Per Weekend?
- Online Planning Tools?
- No Required Vendors
- Credit Card Enabled?
- Pay-as-you-go Financing?
- Vendor Recommendations
- Venue Logistics Support
Call or Text: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)
- Tables - 16 each, 10' long custom built farm style tables // 6 each, 2ft square custom built hightop tables // 3 each, 6ft x 2.5ft plastic folding tables for buffet, food stations or gifts (linens not provided) // 1 each, 29 inch round table draped with ivory linen.
- Chairs - 160 chairs; 4 each 10' ceremonial benches
- Changing Rooms - 1 x wedding suite available with bathroom. 1 x rustic garage space available.
- Restrooms - New ADA compliant flushable restroom trailer with AC.
- Parking - Up to 80 cars
- Dry Bar - 2 x mobile bar-tops. 4ft and 6ft long each.
- Lighting - Permanently installed bistro lights and sconce lanterns inside barn.
- Fire-pit - Bon-fires and late-night bonfires available upon request. Host will supply wood, start and maintain fire.
- Air ventilation - Permanent fans and moveable fans onsite and managed by venue staff.
- Cold Storage - Standard freezer and 6 x 8 ft walk in cooler. Available for floral deliveries, caterer or bar use.
- Electric Power - Updated electrical. Supports, bands, DJs, caterer, lighting and more.
Amenities to Rent *
- Restrooms (Flushable Trailers / Portable)
- Shuttle Transportation
* Recommendations Available
- Day of coordinator provided
- Parking attendant for groups of 50 or more
- 50 ft. x 50 ft. cement basement; ideal for vendor or caterer staging and prep area.
- Outdoor barn stone patio; ideal for cocktail hour or outdoor seating
- Fire-pit with adirondack chairs adjacent to patio
- Accent wall with vintage cranberry boxes and antique farming equipment
- Antique cranberry screener on display with demonstrations available during harvest season
Indoor capacity: 150
Outdoor capacity: 175
Event End Time: 11 pm
Reception Type: Indoor/Outdoor
Smoking Policy: No smoking inside the barn
Open Flame Policy: No open flames inside the barn
Pet Policy: Considered upon request and require prior permission.
Decorations: Venue provided tables may not be left outside overnight due to moisture.
Fireworks: Not authorized.
Trash and Recycling: Trash and recycling are carry in - carry out. Small dumpster on-site available for use.
Bonfires: Authorized upon request. No additional permit needed.
Noise: No amplified music or noise after 11pm.
Venue Access: Venue open to cranberry bog tours during non-peak weekend hours such as Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon. Tours will not overlap/impact event.
Permits: 1 day permit required if cash bar being utilized. (~$35) 1 day catering license required. (~$35) Tents require permit through Middleboro, MA.
Town Ordinances: Must incorporate farm's agriculture in some capacity into the event i.e. floral, livestock, cranberries.
Fire detail required for over 50 guests. Venue coordinates and covers cost.
General Rental Policies?
Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
Caterers: Outside caterers permitted. Renters must hire a licensed and insured caterer for their event.
Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
Photo Credits: Lindsey Mae Photography, Caitlin Manning Photography