Nestled within the private wooded uplands of Massachusetts’ South Shore, rests East Cedar Barn and 40 acres of glistening natural cranberry bogs as far as the eye can see. Conveniently located just 5 minutes off of Interstate 495, this 3rd generation working farm achieves an unrivaled antique elegance, complete with a 1940’s yellow pine barn for 150 of your special guests. With weathered cedar shingles and a 50’ x 50’ refurbished main floor, the majestic barn sits on a hill overlooking the entire farm. Like a bit of historic charm? Enjoy a specially designed accent wall complete with vintage cranberry boxes, antique farming artifacts, and working cranberry sorter even your guests can try!
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking inside the barn
- Open Flame Policy: No open flames inside the barn
- Pet Policy: Considered upon request and require prior permission.
- Decorations: Venue provided tables may not be left outside overnight due to moisture.
- Fireworks: Not authorized.
- Trash and Recycling: Trash and recycling are carry in - carry out. Small dumpster on-site available for use.
- Bonfires: Authorized upon request. No additional permit needed.
- Noise: No amplified music or noise after 11pm.
- Venue Access: Venue open to cranberry bog tours during non-peak weekend hours such as Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon. Tours will not overlap/impact event.
- Permits: 1 day permit required if cash bar being utilized. (~$35) 1 day catering license required. (~$35) Tents require permit through Middleboro, MA.
Must incorporate farm's agriculture in some capacity into the event i.e. floral, livestock, cranberries.
Fire detail required for over 50 guests. Venue coordinates and covers cost.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.