When you want your wedding to be a full weekend of friends and family coming together, there is no better place than having your own private lakeside camp in Maine. Away from all the distractions of the city, guests will enjoy various cottages with twin-sized mattresses and bathrooms for up to 3-nights stay. During the day guests can paddle in the lake, organize inter-family soccer matches or hike in the surrounding acres of pristine Maine wilderness.
For the past twenty-five years this family run summer camp preserves a part of Maine life hard to find elsewhere. Located down a private winding road guests will feel themselves disappear into a land of no distraction, facilitating a wedding weekend full celebration and connection.
Within the expansive grounds, couples can choose to have a ceremony in a private wooded area, surrounded by tall oaks or lakeside, overlooking Maine's southern hills and facing due west to capture a perfect sunset behind the wedding couple. For the reception, couples can choose to host their guests inside the hand-crafted wood timbered lodge at the center of camp or on one of several fields for an outdoor tented reception.
3 nights stay (Thursday - Sunday).
Dormitory style cabins with two bathrooms and up to twelve single beds each.
Linen Sets: Fitted and flat sheet, blanket, pillow, pillow case and towel. ($10.00/person)
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: Not permitted.
- Open Flame Policy: Not permitted except in the designated fire pit.
- Pet Policy: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Couples/their vendors must separate and bag trash, recycling and compost and place in venue designated area.
- Controlled Substances: Not permitted to include fireworks, hunting, firearms, ammunition or explosives.
- Vehicular Access: Restricted to roads and parking areas and must adhere to posted speed limits.
- Orientation: Couple agrees to attend an orientation regarding all safety rules, emergency procedures and regulations pertaining to the camp upon arrival.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
House Rental Policies
Smoking: Not permitted.
Pets: Not permitted.
Photo Credits: Lara Kimmerer Photographer