A working farm for nearly three centuries, couples are treated to a rare piece of American history with a view of rolling hills, ponds, acres of planted flowers and organic vegetables. The land has been farmed by its current owners for over three generations. On the far back corner of the farm, after you drive a winding dirt road through fields of flowers, high hay grasses and vegetables, you arrive at a secluded hilltop. The hilltop is backdropped against soaring pines and old oak trees that give the couple privacy for their event on one side, and unobscured vistas America's first farmlands and the foothills of the famous Berkshires mountains. In the distance you will see the quintessential red New England barn that still houses the farms active livestock and machinery.
The farmer will cut the hilltop grasses to accommodate the style event a couple would like. The hilltop is large enough for a 150 person tented event with remaining space for a cocktail hour on the far side of the hilltop looking out over the fields and pond. Depending on time of year, the couple can expect to see acres of flowers (you could even request your own centerpieces cut from the fields you wedding looks upon!), pumpkins, peppers or squashes.
The farm location offers ample parking just at the bottom of the small hill where a reception would be. Additionally, the dirt road leads directly to the hilltop with parking space for several cars, mobile catering or other vehicles.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
General Rental Policies
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.