This hilltop equestrian estate boasts 360 degree views of Ipswich’s best scenery, from protected forests to the Atlantic ocean. Sprawling over many acres, this property has four main areas. At the top of the hill, behind the owner’s family home, is a flat clearing with a manicured garden (in spring and summer) and breathtaking views of the horse pastures below. To the side of the hill is a large, flat field which overlooks a local sculptors studio. If you are lucky, he may have an installation of his art, all inspired by and meant to reflect the movement of the surrounding nature. Down below the hill are the horse paddocks, one of which can be tented for a truly unique wedding spot.
On your wedding weekend, enjoy 2 nights stay for up to 6 guests inside the on-site guest house. Next transition to your ceremony on the back-center terrace surrounded by beautifully maintained gardens and charming stonework. Enjoy a free flowing cocktail hour throughout the garden and lawn and transition on the larger terrace for an outdoor tented reception.
3 bedrooms2 bathrooms
2 nights included with venue rental.
Guest house is split between long term renters on the left side of house and 3 separate bedrooms on the right side of the house, which includes two baths, a living room/dining room combo with 3 season porch and kitchenette, and outside deck.
Additional nights, $450/night.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: Not authorized.
- Open Flame Policy: Not authorized.
- Pet Policy: Generally not permitted. Considered upon special request of bride and groom.
- Fireworks: Not authorized.
- Trash and Recycling: Couples must bag and place in designated area.
- Noise: No amplified music past 11pm.
- Venue Access: The main home on the property is the owners' residence so will be off-limits to wedding guests.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
House Rental Policies
Fireplace and dishes in the china cabinet are not available for guest use.
Please park to the far left as you face the house, not blocking the pathway to the house or the garage.
Photo Credits: Mary B Photography