Driving through Lakeville you will likely miss this hidden sheep farm and wool studio. On your wedding day, this rustic wool farm, with its green pines and golden fields yields the joys of a truly intimate and private wedding reception. Guests will enter through a hidden dirt road and classic New England farm fencing -- opened only for the couples friends and family. Upon entering you will see stands of cedar trees and hundred year old pines. In front of you will be a 2 acre pasture with manicured lawns ready to welcome your guests as they step out of their car or off a bus into a historic local farm. Sheep will be grazing quietly in nearby pastures and you will see the weathered wooden shingled barn and farmhouse. Couples can take pictures in front of the broad red doors of a nearby 200 year old barn or in the radiant golden pastures the horse and donkey normally occupy. This venue yearns for a truly rustic and vintage wedding scene. The back corner of the pastures are lined by a wall of 30 foot tall pines, oaks and bittersweet vines, providing a truly intimate and private wedding reception space.
The farmhouse has been converted by the farmer and his family into a wool weaving studio, where local community members come to learn how to use antique looms and spin the fine wools sheered on that very farm. The studio reflects the owners' passion for preserving New England's history as it is adorned with classic wood burning stoves and original wood furniture. The bridal party will have access to the studio to prepare themselves for a truly rustic wedding. The studio is heated with electric access and private bathroom.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.