The Loring Greenough House serves as a rare preserved Georgian-style country mansion, resting on two acres of landscaped grounds in the center of one of Boston’s greenest neighborhoods, Jamaica Plain. Enjoy the warmth of an intimate, 60-person wedding or reception inside the richly decorated Loring Greenough House at any time of the year. Welcome your guests in the gracious rooms on the main floor and enjoy the privacy of the “getting-ready” room and photography room upstairs. Have a larger event in mind? Book the Loring Greenough House for up to 150 guests for an outdoor tented event, enjoying the handsome facade of the house serving as an elegant backdrop for your special day.
Venue Rental Policies
- Security Deposit$250 damage/cleaning deposit
- Venue AccessThe weekend is yours! Currently we tend to book one event per weekend, allowing you to set up your tent a day before and take it down a day or two after. Events themselves are limited to 8 hours with additional fees applied to longer events.
- Rehearsal DinnersConsidered Upon Request (restrictions or fees may apply)
- Farewell BrunchConsidered Upon Request (restrictions or fees may apply)
- PetsAllowed - Leashed pets allowed as part of an outdoor ceremony. No pets are allowed inside the house at any time (except service animals with prior approval)
- Open FlamesNot Allowed - No candles are allowed. Many events utilize LED lights for additional ambiance. With prior approval, a small contained candle may be used for a ceremony. Grills and outdoor heaters are allowed but you or your caterer must obtain a city permit, and they must be placed at least 20′ from any structure.
- Bonfires/Fire PitsNot Allowed
- Outside CateringAllowed - Yes, you may choose your caterer as long as they adhere to our guidelines and regulations (outlined in the contract). Any food and alcohol served must come with liability insurance, which can be provided by your bartender, caterer, grocery store, or event policy available through your insurance provider.
- Outside AlcoholAllowed - Yes, you may bring in outside alcohol. You may also choose to use a consignment liquor provider which allows you to return unopened beverages. The pricing is as competitive (if not better) than a typical retail liquor store. We do require a TIPP-certified and insured bartender. Please refer to our contract for a full description of our policies.
- SmokingNot Allowed