Dedicated to inspire, educate, and delight with contemporary art from New England and beyond through sculptures in the landscape and museum exhibitions, deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum hosts weddings for couples looking to enjoy their unique setting. With art exhibits rotating semi-annually, no two seasons are the same ensuring a unique experience for each couple.
This combination of indoor and outdoor space overlooks the picturesque Flint’s Pond and can be used for daytime and nighttime events. Inside, you'll enjoy The Dewey Family Gallery featuring artwork from deCordova’s permanent collection and the attached terrace known for its stunning views. Just outside the Museum, guests will enjoy the stunning views from the Sculpture Terrace, offering easy access to other areas of the park. Looking for a tented outdoor reception? Plan a tented event in deCordova’s 30 acre Sculpture Park. Providing a constantly changing landscape of large-scale, outdoor, modern and contemporary sculpture and site-specific installations. The Sculpture Park hosts more than 60 works, the majority of which are on loan to the Museum. Create a unique experience for your guests by immersing your event in art and nature.
Venue Rental Policies
- Smoking Policy: Not permitted.
- Open Flame Policy: Not permitted.
- Pet Policy: Dogs are permitted in the park. Service animals permitted in the museum.
- Decorations: You may not affix anything to the walls inside the building. All lighting and decor must be self-standing/supported. No helium balloons.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: deCordova provides your caterer with trash and recycling.
- Noise: Outdoor noise ordinance for tented weddings only – 11pm Fri/Sat, 9pm Sun except for Labor Day and 4th of July.
- Venue Access: Friday decor drop-off arranged by appointment. Caterers and other vendors are permitted to arrive 2 hours before the start time for set up.
- Clean Up: Permitted 1-hour after event end. Items may be stored in the building with approval and picked up at an arranged time.
- Tour Availability: Couples are encouraged to visit the property for a complimentary independent tour. Formal tours may also be requested. Admission is complimentary for all tours and needs to be arranged in advance.
- Vendors: deCordova has partnered with and has dedicated agreements with Boston Catering & Events, Capers Catering, East Meets West, and Fireside Catering. Should you wish to use an outside caterer they must first be approved and will be $750 added to your rental.
- Membership: Couples must purchase an annual membership to The Trustees at the Supporting Level ($165) or above.
- Event End Time: Outdoor events 11 pm, Indoor events 12:00am.