Just 6 minutes from Dartmouth College and full of charm and history, the Hanover House rests upon 125 acres widely recognized as one of the most elegant "gentleman's farms" in the Upper Valley. Included with the rental is a 3-nights stay in the fully renovated farmhouse, originally built in 1781; a 2-story, 22' x 44' handcrafted carriage barn; yellow pine benches and custom farm tables, place settings and linens for up to 60 guests; and ample outdoor space for a fully tented event.
4 bedrooms4 bathrooms
Enjoy 3-nights stay in this 4-bedroom farmhouse featuring elegant furnishings and freshly renovated design. Throughout, you'll experience graciously appointed bedrooms with Nespresso service in each room, a 40-foot wide porch overlooking the valley's sunsets, cararra marble countertops and professional-grade kitchen appliances, 2 libraries and an inviting living room.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
Please refer to our Rental Agreement and Event Rental Agreement (2 separate documents) for details.
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: Not permitted on premises.
- Open Flame Policy: Candles must be in enclosed containers.
- Pet Policy: Pets considered upon request.
- Decorations: No nails, screws, staples or other damaging materials may be used on walls, windows, or doors, and no glitter, foil (non-paper) confetti should be used. Any tape used on doors or walls should be low tack tape, removable, without leaving a mark.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: All trash, composting, and recyclables must be collected and removed by the Client or Client’s contractors by the conclusion of the rental period.
- Noise: No amplified music or noise between 10:30pm-9:30am as per Hartford Town ordinance. Thanks for being good neighbors!
- Event Manager: Designated event manager required for all event related deliveries and activities.
- Kitchen Access: Residential kitchen inside main estate is not available for catering use and is limited to overnight guests. Catering tent and equipment rentals required.
- On-site Venue Representation: A venue representative will be on site or available by telephone during the event and may check periodically with the responsible parties to insure everything is running smoothly.
- Pool Access: Not permitted by wedding guests. Surrounding area available for cocktail hour. Pool open mid-May through mid-October, weather dependent.
No amplified music after 10:30pm.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Renters must comply with all local laws regarding alcohol service. Minimum requirements include purchasing and serving alcohol through a Vermont licensed and insured caterer in accordance with state law.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
House Rental Policies
1. Dish-ware: Dishes and utensils are for overnight guest use only.
2. Swimming: Client shall assure that any use of the swimming pool, stream, or ponds by client or guests shall be carefully supervised by a person of sufficient maturity and skill to assure that such use is safe and responsible.
3. Check-Out Procedures: Guests should strip beds before leaving the premises and kindly bring the sheets, gathered into one pillowcase per bedroom, down to the laundry room. Towels should be left to dry in their bathrooms.
4. Smoking: No smoking within or surrounding the property.
5. Additional nights: $2,000/night + taxes and fees.
Photo Credits: Kelsey Regan Photography