Just 30 minutes from Boston and minutes away from downtown Plymouth, The Black Walnut House rests on 6 acres, abutting 80 acres of walking trails and is known for its transcending tranquility and one of a kind craftsmanship.
Built in the 1800s and restored by professional craftsman to a one-of-a-kind splendor, this antique home is perfect for events up to 50 guests. Featuring a large open kitchen and dining room with handmade black walnut kitchen counters, island and dining table, guests will enjoy superior craftsmanship and natural light from the room's wrap around windows. Included with the rental, you'll enjoy a 2-nights stay for 10 guests in the 4 bedroom home with a large handmade walnut dining table, and custom finishes throughout. For larger events, up to 100 guests, you'll enjoy peaceful grounds, featuring historic rock walls and a 550 year old Black Walnut Tree in the front yard - the oldest black walnut tree in the entire northeast.
4 bedrooms2 bathrooms
2 nights stay included with rental.
You will be right at home in our 1800’s home. The house includes four bedrooms and two full baths. Your guests will have access to two full size beds, queen bed and three twin beds. The large dining and kitchen space are great for entertaining to include seating for up to 14 or space for an event up to 50 guests.
Additional nights: $350/night.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: Not permitted.
- Open Flame Policy: Not permitted.
- Pet Policy: Not permitted.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Couples and vendors must bag and consolidate in venue designated area. Host provides bulk trash removal.
- Parking: Limited to 6 cars. No parking permitted on the street or lawn.
- Noise: No amplified music or noise after 10pm.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
House Rental Policies
No Smoking on the premises.
No working fireplaces and no fires allowed on premises.
Limit of 4 cars in driveway. No parking permitted on the street or lawn.
No additional overnight guests unless pre-approved.
Photo Credits: The Gowans