Just steps from Lake Willoughby, and set against sweeping mountain views, Mount Wheeler's Field offers expansive grounds for custom events and a stunning lodge for up to 9 guests. For your wedding weekend, you'll receive a three nights stay and full weekend access to create your own unique event. From an outdoor ceremony to free flowing cocktail hour with tented reception, you'll enjoy over 30 acres in Vermont's coveted Northeast Kingdom for up to 250 guests.
Looking for something a bit smaller? Ask about renting just the lodge, great for up to 150 guests on its expansive front lawn with mountain views.
5 bedrooms2 bathrooms
Complimentary 3 nights stay (Thursday - Sunday)
The passive-solar midcentury modern lodge is located on 4.5 private acres with a view of Wheeler Mountain. The whole front of the house is glass, letting in nature everywhere you look.
Additional Nights: $295/night.
Upstairs Master bedroom: King
Upstairs front bedroom #1: Queen
Upstairs front bedroom #2: Two twin beds
Upstairs back bedroom: Two twin beds
Downstairs back bedroom: One single bed.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking.
- Open Flame Policy: No candles.
- Pet Policy: Outdoors only.
- Fireworks: Considered upon request. Additional insurance or permit may be required.
- Trash and Recycling: Must be bagged and consolidated in designated area, utilizing town approved bags.
- Noise: No amplified music past 10pm
- Fire-Pit: Authorized within lodge's on-site fire-pit and with approved permit from town. Buckets of water and hose must be on hand and located at fire-pit. Renters are responsible for starting, overseeing and extinguishing fire at end of the night.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Renters must comply with all local laws regarding alcohol service. Minimum requirements include purchasing and serving alcohol through a Vermont licensed and insured caterer in accordance with state law.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
House Rental Policies
Pets - Outdoors only.
Smoking - No smoking.
Photo Credits: Kat Mooney Photography