The Carriage Barn is an off-season venue location featuring a historic barn located at Appleton Farms. Preserved by The Trustees of Reservation, the barn is used in the summer for farming, educational programs and public use. In the off-season, mostly October - April, the area can be transformed into a charming barn venue for up to 100 guests.
In late fall, host your ceremony in the stonewalled paddock, followed by dinner and dancing inside the barn. In colder months, enjoy a fully indoor event, using the various barn sections to create a uniquely intimate event for you and your guests.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: Not permitted.
- Open Flame Policy: Not permitted.
- Pet Policy: Not permitted.
- Decorations: All decorations must leave no trace on the house, barn, surrounding landscape and trees. No helium balloons.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Couples must consolidate in designated area.
- Venue Access: Friday drop-off and set-up limited to specific areas and requires prior coordination to deconflict with possible ongoing events.
- Clean Up: Permitted 1-hour after event end until 12am (midnight). Venue re-opens the following day for clean up until 12pm (noon).
- Ongoing Events: Other farm or community related events may be ongoing during venue set-up and cleanup.
- Touring Availability: Couples are encouraged to visit the property in advance or in lieu of a formal tour. The Farmstead is open daily from sunrise to sunset. Formal tours may also be requested by submitting a message to the venue. Weekdays are preferred.
Photo Credits: Tate Kirgiss Productions