The Carriage Barn is an off-season venue location featuring a historic barn located at Appleton Farms. Preserved by The Trustees of Reservation, the barn is used in the summer for farming, educational programs and public use. In the off-season, mostly October - April, the area can be transformed into a charming barn venue for up to 100 guests.
In late fall, host your ceremony in the stonewalled paddock, followed by dinner and dancing inside the barn. In colder months, enjoy a fully indoor event, using the various barn sections to create a uniquely intimate event for you and your guests.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: Not permitted.
- Open Flame Policy: Not permitted.
- Pet Policy: Not permitted.
- Decorations: All decorations must leave no trace on the house, barn, surrounding landscape and trees. No helium balloons.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Couples must consolidate in designated area.
- Venue Access: Friday drop-off and set-up limited to specific areas and requires prior coordination to deconflict with possible ongoing events.
- Clean Up: Permitted 1-hour after event end until 12am (midnight). Venue re-opens the following day for clean up until 12pm (noon).
- Ongoing Events: Other farm or community related events may be ongoing during venue set-up and cleanup.
- Touring Availability: Weekday tours preferred. Weekend requests considered upon request.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
Photo Credits: Tate Kirgiss Productions