Legendary Smuttynose Brewery opens up its gardens for an extraordinary brewery inspired wedding. The brewery is the perfect setting for a couple looking to combine a fun and relaxing atmosphere within easy reach from Boston or Portland. Looking for a unique, post-ceremony activity? Ask us about VIP brewery tours where guests can learn the inner workings of craft beer production, followed by a Smuttynose original brew during an outdoor cocktail hour.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: Candles in enclosed tip-proof glass containers.
- Pet Policy: Dogs or cats of the wedding couple only.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters must consolidate into venue designated area.
- Noise: No amplified music or noise after 11pm.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.