Located an hour away from Burlington, Vermont and overlooking the White River Valley, sits Quation Brook Barn. Quation Brook Barn is a 188 acre retired equestrian farm that boasts stunning views of the peaks of Killington, flowing pastures, and blooming apple orchards. This property has been in the venue host's family for the past 25 years, the barn was built recently from scratch for their very own wedding and they are so excited to share it with other loving couples.
Host your ceremony on the lawn overlooking the hills of the property and hold your cocktail hour and the blooming garden area right outside of the barn. Once cocktail hour is over, open the doors of the barn to "woo" your guests to this completely new, pinewood, two-story barn. The main floor has more than enough room to host a reception for 150 guests, and the top portion of the barn holds antique barn decor and lounge furniture for your guests to enjoy.
3 bedrooms1 bathrooms
Late 1800's Farmhouse available for 2 nights and accommodates:
Bedroom 1: 1 King-size bed
Bedroom 2: 1 Queen-size bed
Bedroom 3: 1 Queen-size bed
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
Venue cannot accept responsibility for any decorations or belongings left after the event.
No items are to be hung on the lights.
The venue has ladders that you are able to use at your own risk.
There is to be no standing on tabletops or chairs.
Bicycles, skateboards and roller blades are not allowed.
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: The use of candles is prohibited anywhere on the property including the Farmhouse. Battery operated candles are recommended for use of décor.
- Pet Policy: Pets considered upon request.
- Decorations: Tacks, nails, tape, etc., may not be used on walls, windows, doors, or any other part of the barn. Fishing line, string, and twine is allowed if something needs to be hung. Small particles, such as glitter and confetti are allowed but must be cleaned up.
- Fireworks: No fireworks are permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are required to set up all trash removal with their catering and bar services.
- Noise: No amplified music after 10:30.
- Alcohol: It is required that the Catering Licensed Bar Service File a permit no later than 5 days prior to the event to the Sharon Town Clerk’s Office.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Renters must comply with all local laws regarding alcohol service. Minimum requirements include purchasing and serving alcohol through a Vermont licensed and insured caterer in accordance with state law.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
House Rental Policies
No high heels are to be worn inside the farmhouse, the floors are antique wood pine boards that damage easily and leave permanent marks.
Animals are not allowed in the farmhouse.
Any and all accidental damage should be immediately reported to on-site rep.