In the idyllic Berkshires, this home sits on a property that is lined with lilac trees where they’ve grown for over 100 years. In the springtime, the air fills with the scent of lilac flowers — in other seasons, it’s the smell of nearby pine trees, a welcome accompaniment on chillier days. Included in the rental fee is a stunning home for 2 nights for up to 8 guests.
This venue is meant to be both a respite from the modern world and an homage to the metamorphosis of the owner's favorite things and collected treasures. Rustic touches, elegant vintage lighting, and warm yet modern finishes decorate the open spaces. This is the perfect property for a chic, tented event, surrounded by a stunning wildflower field. Say "I Do" looking over the wildflower field and have a nice cocktail hour along the estate.
The residence borders Stockbridge and just off the Massachusetts Turnpike Road in the heart of the Berkshires. It is close to the area’s key attractions: Tanglewood, Jacob’s Pillow, museums, great restaurants, parks, hiking, and lakes. The home is equidistant to both Lenox and Great Barrington, and less than 10 minutes from the Red Lion Inn. During the summer, there are wonderful local farmer's markets and a plethora of outdoor activities.
4 bedrooms4 bathrooms
2-night stay included with rental.
The house is actually two houses that were combined — originally a 1900s farmhouse and in the 1930s the owners combined with a 1856 Greek Revival schoolhouse owned by the Westinghouse family. The 5,000-square-foot residence stayed lovingly rooted in the same family for years, after which it changed hands to the current owners. An eclectic mix of a Deco and Modern Farmhouse, inspired by our California roots, with much of the furniture designed and handmade in the Berkshires by the artist/homeowners. The owner’s are both designers - with backgrounds in interior and event design and a lighting and furniture maker. They used locally sourced items, as well as materials from the West Coast, to create an eclectic, thoughtfully designed home.
This 4-bedroom, 4-bathroom house ( all located on the second floor) includes a gourmet kitchen, dining nook, spacious lounge and smaller snug lounge with TV. There is a large stone patio and grill for outdoor entertaining in summer. The 4 bedrooms include a master bedroom with queen size bed and ensuite bathroom plus a shared hallway with a child’s bedroom with twin bed. The other 2 guest rooms both have a queen size bed and their own hallway and bathroom and feel separate from the rest of the house.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: Candles must be in enclosed containers.
- Pet Policy: Pets not permitted.
- Decorations: Nothing can be attached to home or barn.
- Fireworks: Per event approval with a permit.
- Trash and Recycling: All trash must be removed off the property at the end of the evening.
No amplified music after 11PM
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
House Rental Policies
No smoking, no pets, no hanging of anything on the walls.
Photo Credits: shawn connell weddings