33 others interested
Medusa, New York
Celestial Fox Barn
Experience upstate New York's lush, green forests and rich, golden fields at this boutique property on 17 acres. Whether a more intimate wedding inside the barn (a true original from the 1790s) or a tented reception under the stars, this is a place where you can enjoy all the bounty and beauty the countryside has to offer.
Included in the rental is a cutting edge farmhouse for 8 guests for 2 nights. A stone's throw from Hudson, NY the Hudson Valley, Ski Windham, The Carey Institute and Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival, your guests will surely have lots of fun activities to choose from for the weekend. Just over 2 hours north of NYC and under an hour drive from the Albany airport.
Select an Available Wedding Date↓
Select and reserve your ideal wedding date before you book or tour the venue.
- One Wedding Per Weekend?
- Online Planning Tools?
- No Required Vendors
- Credit Card Enabled?
- Pay-as-you-go Financing?
- Vendor Recommendations
- Venue Logistics Support
Call or Text: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)
- Parking - Up to 20 vehicles (Vendor staff only)
- Internet Service - Wifi available.
- Cellular Service - Carrier dependent.
- Farm Decorations - As Available: •Fresh Cut Spruce Trivets, 4”-12” diameter, live edge, 20 •Dinner Plates 10” mismatched vintage, 100 •Lanterns: mismatched vintage style hanging lanterns, 15 •8' High Iron Shepherd's Hooks, 6 •Vintage High Back Bench, seats 2, Original teal paint,1-perfect for a sweetheart's table or gifts •Victorian Nesting Tins 1940's black with floral motif, 3 •Victorian Glass Oil Lamps, 2 oil and wick not included •Low wooden shelf, dark stain, 3' high, 1 •Farmhouse dining table 11' long •Officiant's Table, small, 2 drawers, 3 feet high 1960's, 1 •Manual Typewriter, Robin's Egg Blue, 1950's, can be used for guest book, 1 (ink not included) •Vintage outdoor Lounge Chairs, wooden, 4 •Welcome Table w/multiple drawers, metal top, 1970's, 1 •Library Table, solid oak 1950's, 1 •Vintage Primitive Doors, full size, 5 •Cordless Speaker for ipod hook up, 1 (batteries not included) •Mismatched glass votives for tables, 20 •Chiminea for bonfire •Vintage Radio Cabinet used as a cake table, 1
- Onsite Overnight Accommodations (see below)
Amenities to Rent *
- Restrooms (Flushable Trailers / Portable)
- Shuttle Transportation
- Power Generator
* Recommendations Available
Home Rental Details
4 bedrooms2.5 bathrooms
2 nights included in price.
Additional Nights $650/night.
Embrace the natural beauty surrounding this serene property. The farm first built circa 1790, now features a new, cutting edge home with solar power, a screen porch, wood-burning stoves, an outdoor three season cedar hot tub, and an expansive property. Unwind on multiple hammocks, lounge in the patio areas, and take in the airy mountain views.
All bedrooms are on the upper floors.
Smoking Policy: No smoking.
Open Flame Policy: Fire marshal requires faux candles inside the barn.
Pet Policy: No pets.
Decorations: Nothing allowed in the farmhouse. All decor inside the barn must be removed the next day.
Fireworks: Permit required.
Trash and Recycling: Caterers must remove all trash and recycling at the end of the night. The florist must remove all of their items at the end of the night as well.
Noise: No amplified music or noise past 10 PM.
Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service required. Bartenders must be certified and insured.
Catering: Outside caterers permitted. Food must be provided by a licensed and insured provider.
Event Manager: Client agrees to hire a professional Month of Planner. The planner must stay on the event site until all outside guests have safely departed and are expected to check in on event site the following day to ensure proper cleanup and staging of rentals for p
Day of Coordinator: Required.
Additional Events : On-site rehearsal dinners and Sunday brunches not permitted.
Home Rental Access : Farmhouse access for couple and tenants only. The farmhouse needs to be locked during the wedding.
Town Ordinances: No amplified music past 10 PM
General Rental Policies?
Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
Caterers: Outside caterers permitted. Renters must hire a licensed and insured caterer for their event.
Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.