Located only an hour away from Hartford, sits the intimate wedding venue of The Colonial Brook Inn. With overnight accommodations fit for 36 guests, you're able to host the ultimate wedding weekend for your wedding party with complimentary breakfast served. The Colonial Brook Inn is a historic colonial home very important to the community dating back to 1763 and is located on 27 acres of lush green land in Southern Connecticut.
The home holds its very own cherry paneled library, hearth fireplace, and breakfast room with 24 paneled windows looking out into the back yard. Host your cocktail hour with guests flowing through the living rooms and underneath the terrace archways to then lead your guests to your wedding tent in the back yard near the fenced-in pool with trees surrounding all around. End the night inside the Inn with all of your wedding party right by your side.
14 bedrooms14 bathrooms
On the upper level of the Main House, there are two lovely premium rooms and two spacious suites, almost all of them with wood-burning fireplaces.
The Carriage House, with its simpler accommodations, sits behind the Main House and offers 12 deluxe rooms, configured with queen beds or twin beds.
Next to our Carriage House sits a one-room deluxe cottage with a jacuzzi tub, separate shower, and wood-burning fireplace, perfect for the wedding couple to stay the night.
2 nights included with venue price.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: No candles.
- Pet Policy: Pets considered upon request.
- Decorations: No decorations inside on the walls where they could cause harm to either paint and/or wallpaper.
- Trash and Recycling: We have trash collection points and a dumpster enclosure as well
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
Photo Credits: Lenny Purdie Photography