Just an hour outside of Boston sits the quaint town of Mendon, full of history and featuring your perfect indoor/outdoor greenhouse wedding venue. With plenty of indoor and outdoor space, you'll be able to create a unique and one-of-a-kind event for you and your guests.
Start with a ceremony inside the Greenhouse, set against fresh white walls and natural greenery, or choose an outdoor setting on sprawling lawns in front of great oak trees. After, transition into a free-flowing cocktail hour inside the venue's Great Room, featuring a fabulously crafted dry bar and kitchenette perfect for socializing, specialty cocktails, and hand crafted hors d'oeuvres .
For your reception, utilize the indoor space, including both the greenhouse and adjoining Great Room, or utilize the large open lawn to the back of the venue and encircled with trees for tented receptions up to 300 guests.
Excited about giving back? When not transformed for events, the venue's Great Room runs as a specialty boutique shoppe with unique home decor items, plants, and fresh-cut flowers, supporting local non-profit missions throughout the community. Even more, all proceeds from your wedding go towards the venue's non-profit organization that serves people with special needs and their families as well as a crisis center to help meet the physical and financial needs of people within the community.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 10 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: Candles with approval from local fire department.
- Pet Policy: Pets considered upon request. Unattended pets in bridal suite must be crated.
- Decorations: Any decor to be attached/affixed in any way to our property/building must be done by the venue host.
- Fireworks: Not permitted due to MA state law.
- Trash and Recycling: Dumpster on Site - couples must bag recycling and trash and remove or place in on-site dumpster.
- Noise: No amplified music or noise after 10pm due to local ordinance.
- Alcohol: No open containers of alcohol are permitted in the parking lot or outside of designated areas. The alcoholic beverage service must end by 10:00 PM.
- Additional Events : Welcome receptions, rehearsal dinners or post wedding day brunches authorized for a fee. ($400/ event.)
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
Photo Credits: StopGoLove