174 others interested
The Village Greenhouse
Just an hour outside of Boston sits the quaint town of Mendon, full of history and featuring your perfect indoor/outdoor greenhouse wedding venue. With plenty of indoor and outdoor space, you'll be able to create a unique and one-of-a-kind event for you and your guests.
Start with a ceremony inside the Greenhouse, set against fresh white walls and natural greenery, or choose an outdoor setting on sprawling lawns in front of great oak trees. After, transition into a free-flowing cocktail hour inside the venue's Great Room, featuring a fabulously crafted dry bar and kitchenette perfect for socializing, specialty cocktails, and hand crafted hors d'oeuvres .
For your reception, utilize the indoor space, including both the greenhouse and adjoining Great Room, or utilize the large open lawn, encircled with trees and to the back of the venue area for tented receptions up to 300 guests.
Excited about giving back? When not transformed for events, the venue's Great Room runs as a specialty boutique shoppe with unique home decor items, plants, and fresh-cut flowers, supporting local non-profit missions throughout the community. Even more, all proceeds from your wedding go towards the venue's non-profit organization that serves people with special needs and their families as well as a crisis center to help meet the physical and financial needs of people within the community.
Select an Available Wedding Date↓
Select and reserve your ideal wedding date before you book or tour the venue.
- One Wedding Per Weekend?
- Online Planning Tools?
- No Required Vendors
- Credit Card Enabled?
- Pay-as-you-go Financing?
- Vendor Recommendations
- Venue Logistics Support
Call or Text: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)
- Tables - 15, 8' rectangular tables for 120 guests, 15, 60" round for 120 guests, 4, 6' rectangular for 24 guests
- Chairs - 130 black plastic folding chairs.
- Changing Rooms - Beautifully lit changing room in the greenhouse with a sofa, full-length mirror & outlets.
- Restrooms - 1 restroom in the greenhouse building.
- Parking - 70 parking spots available on site, adjacent site parking is available upon request.
- Internet Service - Guest WiFi available for wedding party or immediate family, however, not sufficient for all wedding guests.
- Cellular Service - Full service.
- Dry Bar - 20 foot bar inside Great Room.
- Kitchenette - 35' x 12' - Includes 2 work-sinks, power, refrigerator, freezer, and counter space.
- Electric Power - Commercial grade power is available in the greenhouse building, however, not in the field for a tented reception.
Amenities to Rent *
- Restrooms (Flushable Trailers / Portable)
- Shuttle Transportation
* Recommendations Available
- For Rent:
- Ceremonial arches
- Place settings, glasses or flatware
- Farm grown flowers or custom floral arrangements
- Full service event & floral design. Calligraphy. Custom backdrops. Vintage rentals.
Indoor capacity: 100
Outdoor capacity: 300
Event End Time: 10 pm
Reception Type: Indoor/Outdoor
Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
Open Flame Policy: Candles with approval from local fire department.
Pet Policy: Pets considered upon request.
Decorations: Any decor to be attached/affixed in any way to our property/building must be done by the venue host.
Fireworks: Not permitted due to MA state law.
Trash and Recycling: Dumpster on Site - couples must bag recycling and trash and remove or place in on-site dumpster.
Noise: No amplified music or noise after 10pm due to local ordinance.
Alcohol: No open containers of alcohol are permitted in the parking lot or outside of designated areas. The alcoholic beverage service must end by 10:00 PM.
General Rental Policies?
Insurance: Couples must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly.
Security Deposit: Mayflower collects a $1,000 security deposit before any event, equivalent to the deductible on the Special Event Insurance Policy. Couples may pay by check or bank transfer or Mayflower can run a hold to the card on file before your event.
Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
Caterers: Outside caterers permitted. Food must be provided by a licensed and insured provider.
Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
Trash and Recycling: Couples must consolidate all waste (catering, florist, decor, signage) and place in designated area. Large temporary structures that cannot fit in trash receptacles must be removed from the property.
Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
Photo Credits: StopGoLove