Located in Sumner Maine, Mountain View Meadows is the perfect outdoor venue that you've been dreaming of. Only an hour and a half from Portland, this historic farm venue was built in 1786 and sits on top of 140 acres of lush, green meadows as far as the eye can see. Hold your ceremony along the field with sprawling mountain views as your backdrop to when you first say "I Do". Incorporate the historic red barn as a part of your free-flowing, outdoor cocktail hour for your guests to enjoy. Host your outdoor tented reception under the stars along the open field to make it a wedding night that you'll never forget!
Mountain View Meadows comes complete with an entire Inn with several guest houses for up to 12 of your guests to stay, as well as ample space for overnight camping. Love to hike? Take your wedding guests to enjoy some of the several secluded nature trails on site to top off your wedding weekend.
6 bedrooms4 bathrooms
There are 3 overnight accommodation buildings available for 2 nights that are included in your rental:
- The Inn: sleeps a total of 8 guests with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Bedroom 1: Full-Size Bed; Bedroom 2: Full-Size Bed; Bedroom 3: Full-Size Bed; Bedroom 4: 2 Twin-Size beds ($350 for each extra night)
- The Christmas Cabin: sleeps a total of 2 guests, 1 bedroom with a Full-Size bed and 1 bathroom.
- The Shipping Container Home: sleeps a total of 2 guests, 1 bedroom with a Queen-Size bed and 1 bathroom
Camping is available for an additional charge - $10 per tent per night and limited camping vehicles such as pop-ups and RV's at $15 and $25 depending on size.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: No open flames.
- Pet Policy: Pets are welcome for a fee of $50 per pet.
- Decorations: No tape, staples or nails inside.
- Fireworks: Fireworks not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Trash and recycling cans on site, however, couples must bag and move to designated area.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
House Rental Policies
Pets are welcome with a $50 fee.