On a hilltop in the historic Hudson Valley, this working farm is home to twenty award-winning alpacas and two friendly Icelandic horses. Organic vegetable gardens, fruit trees, berry bushes and flowers, dot the hillside alongside the animals' pastures. Several locations on this property are perfect for an outdoor ceremony and an intimate tented or barn reception. Just 40 miles north of New York City and close to everything that is charming about this area, this farm is truly a unique location.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 10 pm
- Smoking Policy: Not permitted.
- Open Flame Policy: Not permitted.
- Pet Policy: Not permitted.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Trash and recycling cans on site, however, couples must bag and move to designated area.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
Photo Credits: Karen Obrist