This beautiful 9-acre property is located right on the Battenkill River and showcases a row of 60-year-old hydrangea trees that provide cascading pink and white blooms at peak. For history lovers, there is also a small Museum that changes its exhibit regularly.
The lush lawn, colorful gardens, and the river are idyllic settings for an unforgettable wedding. This park offers both indoor and outdoor event space options for a one-of-a-kind ceremony and reception. Outdoors, the park features beautiful scenic views and long, level areas for event tents. You can also host your celebration inside in either the Museum or Community Room. The Museum features floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the hydrangeas, river, and gardens, as well as many spaces for you to utilize such as Battenkill Room and Gallery. The Community Room is a more intimate space. The venue can accommodate up to 500 guests for an outdoor event.
Venue Rental Policies
The Museum cannot accommodate certain mobility-related disabilities (wheelchair, walker) due to the slate stairway leading to the entry.
- Event End Time: 12 am
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: Outdoor torches, grilling, fire pit for cooking are all OK. No bonfires.
- Pet Policy: Leashed pets welcomed.
- Decorations: In the Community Room, Hooks are provided with use of the Picture Rail, or "Command" type adhesive mounting is allowed. In the Museum, only the Battenkill Room can be decorated using "Command" type adhesive mounting.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Caterers must remove all food items from the property. Non-food items are to be bagged and placed in the designated area.
- Noise: No amplified music past 11 PM
No amplified music past 11 PM
General Rental Policies
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.