This charming cattle farm is nestled between wooded land and rustic elements. Enter the farm through the winding road lined with lush trees and wild flowers. The road ends at the reflective pond surrounded by a flourishing forest. Cross the small brook to find green grounds, sprawling views of the cattle fields, vegetables growing across the dark wooden split rail fence, and a rustic barn. The barn serves as a beautiful backdrop and reminder of the farm's historic essence.
Located in the town once called “city of the woods” by Henry David Thoreau, this farm is part of a still very rural community, which has over 30% of its land under conservation. This New England farming community's charm comes from its roads adorned with stone walls, fields farmed for generations, and pristine woods.
Venue Rental Policies
Petting livestock is fine.
All trash and recyclables must be removed from the property by 6:00 p.m. on the day after the event. No swimming or boating on the pond. Any gate will be left in its previous condition (if open, leave open; if latched, re-latch immediately after passing through.) Any on-site parking will be along the gravel driveway.
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking.
- Open Flame Policy: Tabletop candles allowed.
General Rental Policies
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $2M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.