Featuring spectacular views of the Neponset River and its tidal salt marshes, the Boston skyline, and the Boston Harbor Islands, this open field was once home to Governor Thomas Hutchinson, the last Royal Governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. The land, now preserved and maintained by the Trustees of Reservations, is perfect for an outdoor ceremony and tented reception just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Boston.
After the ceremony, slip away to the adjacent field known as Pierce Reservation. Here, you'll enjoy a four-acre parcel of grassy slopes that run down to the tidal marshes bordering the Neponset River. You'll find ideal photo opportunities highlighting natural beauty with a bend to the city you hold so dear.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking.
- Open Flame Policy: Considered upon request with approval from local fire department.
- Pet Policy: Pets welcome.
- Trash and Recycling: All trash needs to be removed.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.