Dreaming of a lakeside ceremony? The Lakeside Lodge at Bangs Beach is located right on Messalonskee Lake in Sidney, Maine, and even comes with a custom birch wood arbor for you to say "I Do" with your new life long partner. This historic property is family owned and operated and dates back eight generations. The Lakeside Lodge at Bangs Beach has a unique story in that the *whole* family that owns it have all been married there and all proceeds of your wedding will go to helping the family keep the property for generations to come.
The recently renovated grand cedar lodge can accommodate up to 120 guests and is just steps away from the water’s edge with an expansive lawn offering plenty of room for an outdoor ceremony. The lodge has just the right amount of rustic charm with full cedar walls, cathedral ceilings, and oversized windows looking out onto the lake. In turn, the lawn has plenty of outdoor space for a tented wedding so you are able to make use of the lodge, the lawn, or both for your ceremony / reception.
Venue Rental Policies
Parking lot is alcohol free zone.
Parties planning on using the swimming area are strongly encouraged to hire a qualified lifeguard - swimming is at your own risk.
No use of the outdoor fire pit if high winds or safety is an issue.
- Event End Time: 10 pm
- Smoking Policy: Smoking authorized in designated areas.
- Open Flame Policy: No candles, please use battery operated. Fires should be contained to the provided fire pit area. Torches approved on request.
- Pet Policy: Pets considered for ceremony portion only.
- Decorations: No rice or confetti. Staples, nails, tacks not allowed but allowed to use tape, damage free command strips, craft wire etc. Floating lanterns or sky lanterns allowed.
- Fireworks: Fireworks not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Trash and recycling cans on site, however, couples must bag and move to designated area.
Photo Credits: She's A Teacher Photography