25 others interested
Sidney , Maine
Dreaming of a lakeside ceremony? Marigold Lodge is located right on Messalonskee Lake in Sidney, Maine and even comes with a custom birch wood arbor for you to say "I Do" with your new life long partner. This historic property is family owned and operated and dates back to eight generations. Marigold Loge has a unique story in that the *whole* family that owns it have all been married there and all proceeds of your wedding will go to helping the family keep the property for generations to come.
The recently renovated grand cedar lodge can accommodate up to 120 guests and is just steps away from the water’s edge with an expansive lawn offering plenty of room for an outdoor ceremony. The lodge has just the right amount of rustic charm with full cedar walls, cathedral ceilings, and oversized windows looking out onto the lake. In turn, the lawn has plenty of outdoor space for a tented wedding so you are able to make use of the lodge, the lawn, or both for your ceremony / reception.
Select an Available Wedding Date↓
Select and reserve your ideal wedding date before you book or tour the venue
- One Wedding Per Weekend?
- Online Planning Tools?
- No Required Vendors
- Credit Card Enabled?
- Pay-as-you-go Financing?
- Vendor Recommendations
- Venue Logistics Support
Call or Text: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)
- Tables - 8 60" rounds that seat up to 8 guests, 5 46" rounds that seat up to 6 guests, 13 standard 8ft tables that seat up to 8 guests, as well as an assortment of smaller tables for cake, gifts, etc. available at no additional charge.
- Chairs - White commercial high-impact polyethylene chairs.
- Changing Rooms - 2 large indoor restrooms available.
- Restrooms - 2 large indoor restrooms. One is handicap accessible; one is equipped with a baby changing station.
- Parking - 100 spots onsite.
- Ceremony Arch - Birch wood ceremony arch available for use at no extra charge.
- Internet Service - WiFi available for caterer/bar for credit card transactions.
- Cellular Service - Carrier dependent.
- Dry Bar - Bar area set up with serving window into the kitchen area.
- Kitchen - Large prep kitchen (no cooking allowed in the building) complete with indoor bar area, counter space, 2 refrigerators, and a double sink.
- Fire-pit - No firewood provided.
- Gazebo - Waterfront gazebo that guests often use for an appetizer station or a bar area.
- Electric Power - Commercial grade; Available at ceremony and reception site
Amenities to Rent *
* Recommendations Available
Parking lot is alcohol free zone.
Parties planning on using the swimming area are strongly encouraged to hire a qualified lifeguard - swimming is at your own risk.
No use of the outdoor fire pit if high winds or safety is an issue.
Smoking Policy: Smoking authorized in designated areas.
Open Flame Policy: No candles, please use battery operated. Fires should be contained to the provided fire pit area. Torches approved on request.
Pet Policy: Pets considered for ceremony portion only.
Decorations: No rice or confetti. Staples, nails, tacks not allowed but allowed to use tape, damage free command strips, craft wire etc. Floating lanterns or sky lanterns allowed.
Fireworks: Fireworks not permitted.
Trash and Recycling: Trash and recycling cans on site, however, couples must bag and move to designated area.
General Rental Policies?
Insurance: Couples must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly.
Security Deposit: Mayflower collects a $1,000 security deposit before any event, equivalent to the deductible on the Special Event Insurance Policy. Couples may pay by check or bank transfer or Mayflower can run a hold to the card on file before your event.
Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
Caterers: Outside caterers permitted. Food must be provided by a licensed and insured provider.
Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
Trash and Recycling: Couples must consolidate all waste (catering, florist, decor, signage) and place in designated area. Large temporary structures that cannot fit in trash receptacles must be removed from the property.
Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
Photo Credits: She's A Teacher Photography