Dreaming of a lakeside ceremony? Marigold Lodge is located right on Messalonskee Lake in Sidney, Maine and even comes with a custom birch wood arbor for you to say "I Do" with your new life long partner. This historic property is family owned and operated and dates back to eight generations. Marigold Loge has a unique story in that the *whole* family that owns it have all been married there and all proceeds of your wedding will go to helping the family keep the property for generations to come.
The recently renovated grand cedar lodge can accommodate up to 120 guests and is just steps away from the water’s edge with an expansive lawn offering plenty of room for an outdoor ceremony. The lodge has just the right amount of rustic charm with full cedar walls, cathedral ceilings, and oversized windows looking out onto the lake. In turn, the lawn has plenty of outdoor space for a tented wedding so you are able to make use of the lodge, the lawn, or both for your ceremony / reception.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
Parking lot is alcohol free zone.
Parties planning on using the swimming area are strongly encouraged to hire a qualified lifeguard - swimming is at your own risk.
No use of the outdoor fire pit if high winds or safety is an issue.
- Event End Time: 10 pm
- Smoking Policy: Smoking authorized in designated areas.
- Open Flame Policy: No candles, please use battery operated. Fires should be contained to the provided fire pit area. Torches approved on request.
- Pet Policy: Pets considered for ceremony portion only.
- Decorations: No rice or confetti. Staples, nails, tacks not allowed but allowed to use tape, damage free command strips, craft wire etc. Floating lanterns or sky lanterns allowed.
- Fireworks: Fireworks not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Trash and recycling cans on site, however, couples must bag and move to designated area.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
Photo Credits: She's A Teacher Photography