Red Barn Acres offers couples and guests charm of a quiet Maine horse barn just about an hour and a half from Boston and only thirty minutes from Portland. The restored barn and its acres of riding pastures with split rail fences offer the perfect fields and stunning New England backdrop for an outdoor event. For an event, guests can get drinks and walk through the barn on the way to large tented reception behind the barn looking out over acres of rolling green pastures. In the fall the surrounding trees will provide a bevy of oranges, yellows and reds, backdropping this classic New England farm in all of its restored elegance.
The barn is adjacent to a quintessential Maine farmhouse that couples can rent if they would like to stay on site with some of their family or bridal party for the wedding weekend. The home enjoys spectacular views of the riding pastures and has a large renovated kitchen perfect for brunch the morning after your wedding. And for those looking to unwind leading up to the big day, the barn has a hot tub and all bamboo bar!
4 bedrooms1.5 bathrooms
The farmhouse is the perfect place to stay your wedding night with some of your closest friends and family! There are 2 bedrooms with 2 Queen Beds, 1 bedroom with 2 twin beds, and 1 room with a day bed with trundle bed. There is also a hut tub for you to relax in on your wedding night!
Prices vary by season
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 10 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking.
- Open Flame Policy: Wedding torches and bonfires authorized with approved permit from local fire department.
- Pet Policy: Pets considered upon request.
- Decorations: No restrictions as long as the tape or staples don't harm the surface they are being affixed to.
- Fireworks: Fireworks permitted with prior approval from local fire department.
- Trash and Recycling: Trash and recycling cans on site, however, couples must bag and move to designated area.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.