For a truly private weekend Cottage Bog offers an escape from the bustle of the city by hiding itself in 30 acres of Cape Cod forest. The venue has its own private lake and cranberry bog, connected by grass lawns. Guests will arrive to the venue on a private road that winds its way along a cranberry bog before arriving at the open field, cottage and lake. Couples can setup cocktail hour by the lake's edge and let guests watch sun set over the distant edge of their private forest reserve before heading to the nearby tent for a reception of dinner and dancing. The deep reds of the forest in the fall provide the perfect ceremony backdrop against the walls of New England forest. For ceremony sites, couples can also use the backdrop of the lake or choose a more purely forest theme and have a ceremony in one of the ancient oak forests alcoves of grass along the edge of the lawn.
Couples come to enjoy the true peace and tranquility of the nature preservation land by staying at the cottage onsite. Located in Brewster on Cape Cod, couples guests have access to the all the hotels, beaches and small villages of nearby Cape Cod. Brewsters North and South beaches are only a ten minute drive from the cottage itself, and even closer to many of the local accommodations where guests can stay.
2 bedrooms1 bathrooms
This quaint home that sleeps up to 6 people is the perfect place for the wedding couple to stay the night. The main bedroom has 1 Queen bed, and the guest bedroom has 1 bunk bed with 2 full sized mattresses.
Venue Rental Policies
Please do not stand on the Stand Up Paddle boards on land as it will break the rear fin.
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: Wedding torches and bonfires authorized with approved permit from local fire department.
- Pet Policy: Pets are welcome.
- Decorations: No holes permitted on / in the house.
- Fireworks: Fireworks not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Trash and recycling cans on site, however, couples must bag and move to designated area.
General Rental Policies
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.