Just 40 minutes outside of Hartford, CT, the White Oak Barn pairs an elegant lofted post-and-beam barn with the amenities and fun of a traditional summer day camp. Utilize the indoor barn space for a ceremony site, cocktail and dancing, or intimate seated dinner. For larger events you'll have access to the on-site 60'x90' tent for up to 270 guests for a fully tented outdoor reception.
Looking to enjoy an entire weekend filled with family, friends and relaxation? This venue features over 25 acres with walking trails and countless sporting courts and activities. From its two 25-yard swimming pools, to its basketball courts, children's playgrounds, miniature golf course, and softball and soccer fields, your guests are sure to find something to enjoy, leaving memories that will last a lifetime.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 10 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: No flame in enclosed tent.
- Pet Policy: Considered upon request.
- Decorations: Tent: tape allowed, no staples. Barn: no helium balloons; no staples that cannot be easily removed; tacks and push pins allowed.
- Fireworks: Not authorized.
- Trash and Recycling: Trash and recycling cans on site. Couples must consolidate in designated area.
- Noise: No amplified music after 10pm.
- Venue Access: Friday access begins at 5pm from 3rd week of June - 3rd week of August, due to ongoing camp activities. Limited drop-off considered upon request.
10:00 pm local noise ordinance.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
Photo Credits: SMS Photo