Sequestered away on a private peninsula north of Bar Harbor Maine, Cottage Point offers couples the chance to have their guests escape into a private wedding world they create. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, Roque Bluffs offers serene and tranquil beauty of the Atlantic coast and forests of Maine. With grass fields stretching down towards the ocean, couples have near limitless space to create a wedding reception and ceremony that can reflect their own personal style and values.
Large tented weddings fill this normally quiet world with all your closest friends and family. Guests will enjoy views of the beautiful ocean and blueberry fields nearby.
The venue's onsite accommodations offer couples the chance to stay for the full weekend with their closest friends or family -- hiking, visiting the small towns nearby and enjoying the relaxing quiet of the area. The venue itself has a larger home that can sleep eight guests and quaint cottage next door that can sleep another two.
5 bedrooms2 bathrooms
Large house can be rented for this price with the cottage included. The main house sleeps 8 guests total and the cottage sleeps 2. For the main house, the first floor living room has a pull out couch, the second floor has 3 bedrooms--2 with king sized beds, 1 full, 3rd floor has 1 full, 1 twin bed. 1 bedroom cottage next door has 1 full bed.
Prices vary by season
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Pet Policy: Pets considered upon request.
- Fireworks: Fireworks not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Couples must bag trash and bring to designated area.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.