Joined to nearly a one hundred year old boarding school, Berkshire's Terrace offers a true escape into the Berkshire mountains for a couple and their guests. With gravel paths winding through the deep green of the Berkshires forests, the venue brings guests to gorgeous gardens and manicured lawns, buffeted by the tall pines and oaks that rise up into the mountains. Each space offers couples the chance for elegant and truly tranquil ceremony settings, capturing the mountain vistas or elegant stone wall terraces and gardens.
Receptions can be held under the stars in a tent on the main lawn of the largest estate style home on the property. Or if couples would like, you can host your reception inside the expansive dining room of this main home. You can combine outdoor ceremonies, garden cocktail hours and indoor or tented receptions however you like to create a wedding weekend experience for your guests that will truly reflect you and your partner. With access to the boarding school's dorms, each with its own unique style, couples can have 90 of their guests spend the wedding weekend with them for just $36/guest for the night.
Tucked away in the northern corner of the Berkshires, Buxton is nestled in the northern Berkshire hills, and is a pastoral, 129-acre campus that is secluded, yet within walking distance of downtown Williamstown. This ease of access to the famous college town means guests will have ample opportunity to visit the quaint coffee shops, art galleries and restaurants throughout the weekend.
30 bedrooms6 bathrooms
Dormitory style rooms, some with mountain views.
Twin sized or twin sized bunks.
Complimentary linens and towel sets available upon request.
Shared bathrooms available.
Prices vary by season
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: No open flames.
- Pet Policy: Pets not permitted.
- Decorations: No restrictions, but we reserve the right to deduct any excessive damage from a security deposit.
- Fireworks: Fireworks not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Trash and recycling cans on site, however, couples must bag and move to designated area.
- Noise: No amplified music or noise past 11 PM
- Additional Events : Rehearsal dinner & Sunday brunch permitted
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
Photo Credits: Chelsea Ahl Photography