Dock's Edge Farmstead is the perfect private, lakeside cabin getaway with your wedding party that you've always imagined. Turning onto the 100 acre private drive, you first come upon a garden shed with with a fenced in organic vegetable garden as well as an old apple tree. The best part about this vegetable garden? Dock's Edge Farmstead encourages guests to pick their own vegetables for dinner - whats better than a Friday night with your closest friends eating dinner around the fire pit with some fresh veggies? There is also a herb garden located behind the main house.
After passing the garden, you will pass the large field where your reception will take place, with more than enough room to fit 200 of your family and friends to dance the night away. Farther down the private drive, the Adirondack style cedar shingle home will emerge with two cozy cabins off to the side. The main house is equipped with a large screened in porch, an outdoor stone fire place, an outdoor pizza oven, a ping pong game room (including a full closet of board games) and multiple french doors that can opened to let in the fresh Maine air. The cabins have their own screened in porch, gas fireplaces ,kitchenettes, bedrooms, sitting areas, and full views of the lake.
The lake is yours to explore for the weekend, Dock's Edge Farmstead has hammocks to lay on the enjoy the breeze, a large dock, lounge chairs, 4 kayaks, a canoe, two paddle boards, and a row boat. Want to be able to get out and exercise a bit before the big day? This private drive is a part of a 6 mile loop that you can run in the morning before jumping into the lake to cool down. Dock's Edge Farmstead truly has it all to enjoy your most memorable weekend!
7 bedrooms5.5 bathrooms
Main House: All the bedrooms in the main house have private baths either en suite or one is across next to the room. is a Queen Canopy Bed, A Queen Adirondak Bed, and a King Bed, all rooms open to a private porch area.
Cabin 1 has the "honeymoon" bedroom with a Double Vintage bedroom, and across the cabin is a Bunk Room with Extra large bunk beds.
Cabin 2 which is the Loft Cabin has a Queen Bedded Bedroom and upstairs is the loft with a Double Bed and a Twin. All Cabins have Screened porches as well to sit and watch the sunrise and feel the Maine lake breezes.
Prices vary by season
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
Needs permission to use pizza oven for bread or pizza.
The property is mostly solar powered so please be mindful of conservation.
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: Wedding torches and bonfires authorized with approved permit from local fire department.
- Pet Policy: Pets not permitted.
- Decorations: No balloons, no rice throwing, no confetti. Any decor that can compost into the earth is welcome.
- Fireworks: Fireworks not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Dumpster on Site - couples must bag their trash but can then throw the trash in the dumpster.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.