On the sloping side of a rising mountain, The Homestead at High Field Farm offers intimate privacy of the New Hampshire forest, mountain views and a classic New England farmstead aesthetic. Emerging from a ride through the tall forests up to this private farm and homestead, guests will be treated to a huge vista with the New Hampshire mountains in the distance and beautiful wedding reception on a secluded mountain range.
Private ceremonies can be held on the lawn by the home and within the quiet embrace of the oaks and maples that surround the home in its own veil of New Hampshire forest. Afterwards, guests can enjoy cocktails in the sprawling green lawn in front of the barn and farmhouse, and then meander down to the reception area below. For the reception, couples can setup a tent within a private riding arena just below the barn and home, accommodating up to 250 guests, featuring mountain views, with spectacular fall foliage.
At its heart, this farm serves as an educational center, helping children connect with the outdoors through hands-on experiences. Through exposure to the outdoors, children learn to live connected with nature through interaction with animals and learning how to grow food such as high-end greens, pasture raised meats and other seasonal produce that couples can have incorporated into their wedding menu, when available. Other on-site or locally sourced produce, meat and flowers can be sourced upon request and subject to season and availability, enabling couples to support local homesteads, farms and businesses. Portions of wedding proceeds go towards expanding educational programs for youth and the local community.
5 bedrooms2.5 bathrooms
On-site farmhouse available to rent.
Includes 5, 2nd floor bedrooms featuring 2 king size beds, 1 queen size bed, 3 twin size beds.
First floor includes a queen size air mattress that can be used in the semi-private den, and another small room with a twin size mattress which can be used for single occupancy.
Home includes 2 x full baths upstairs and one 1/2bath on the ground floor.
Prices vary by season
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: Authorized in designated areas.
- Open Flame Policy: Authorized with approved permit from local fire department.
- Pet Policy: Considered upon request.
- Fireworks: Permitted with prior approval from local fire department.
- Trash and Recycling: Couples must consolidate in designated area. Composting solutions available for food scraps as well as compatible disposable cutlery and dinnerware.
General Rental Policies
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
House Rental Policies
Camping - On-site camping permitted with home rental in designated areas. Campers may not use indoor restrooms and must use rentals provided by renting couple due.
Smoking - No smoking under any circumstance.
Pets - Considered upon request. Must be discussed due to on-site farm animals.