203 others interested
The Farmstead at Appleton Farms
Close to Boston, but with all the preserved charm of a 1000 acre working New England farm, this venue transports guests to a historic era of New England nature otherwise impossible to recreate. Through preservation efforts of The Trustees of Reservations, couples have the chance to create a day that reflects the vintage charm of a colonial farm preserved through nine generations by the same family.
Couples can select a ceremony site from various secluded sections of the farm or remain closer to the animals and farm store capturing a more energetic feel. With Jersey cows and goats, the farm still produces five different varieties of cheese that can be purchased and incorporated into appetizers or meals for true farm-to-table dining.
After the ceremony, couples can host a free-flowing cocktail hour that transitions between open lawns and the historic Visitor's Center back patio. During this time, guests are free to wander various walking paths or pay friendly visits to the venue's resident farm animals. Later, transition to a tented reception held between historic rock walls, sweeping meadows, and magnificent pines and oaks. Spring and summer weddings will be backdropped by blooming wildflowers, song birds and the deep greens of the working farm. In the fall, the venue will offer cascades of oranges and yellows when the ancient Maple trees that line many of the fields change for the new season. Interested in an indoor option? Inquire about the on-site carriage barn offered for off-season events (late fall and early spring)
Close to downtown Ipswich with its breweries, river walk and restaurants, and Rockport with its artist galleries and fine dining, guests have a world of activity at their fingertips for a weekend on the North Shore. The venue captures all the beauty of the outdoors and a serene wedding in nature, while still offering easy access to the modern amenities and historic charm of these coastal New England towns.
Select an Available Wedding Date↓
Select and reserve your ideal wedding date before you book or tour the venue
- One Wedding Per Weekend?
- Online Planning Tools?
- No Required Vendors
- Credit Card Enabled?
- Pay-as-you-go Financing?
- Vendor Recommendations
- Venue Logistics Support
Call or Text: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)
- Restrooms - 1 wheelchair accessible restroom on-site. Restroom rentals required.
- Parking - Up to 100 cars.
- Internet Service - Guest WiFi available for wedding party or immediate family. Not sufficient for all wedding guests.
- Cellular Service - Carrier dependent.
- Staging Area - Library can serve as day of staging area for wedding party or photographs. (prior coordination required.)
- Kitchen - Full commercial kitchen available. Includes prep and wash area, dishwasher, oven, range or stove, refrigerator, freezer, dry goods storage area, loading and unloading docks, easy access and close to reception site. (prior coordination required.)
- Membership - Trustees of Reservation - 1 Yr. Complimentary Family-Level Membership.
- Electric Power - Limited availability at ceremony and reception sites. Generator rentals required.
Amenities to Rent *
- Restrooms (Flushable Trailers / Portable)
- Shuttle Transportation
- Power Generator
* Recommendations Available
- Carriage Barn: Available for off-season events (late fall and early spring: November - May) for an additional $800 fee. Supports up to 100 guests for seated events, or 130 for standing events, i.e. cocktails and dancing.
Indoor capacity: 100
Outdoor capacity: 200
Event End Time: 11 pm
Reception Type: Indoor/Outdoor
Smoking Policy: Not permitted.
Open Flame Policy: Not permitted.
Pet Policy: Not permitted.
Decorations: All decorations must leave no trace on the house and surrounding landscape and trees. No helium balloons.
Fireworks: Not permitted.
Trash and Recycling: Couples must consolidate in designated area.
Venue Access: Friday drop-off and set-up limited to specific areas and requires prior coordination to deconflict with possible ongoing events.
Clean Up: Permitted 1-hour after event end until 12am (midnight). Venue re-opens the following day for clean up until 12pm (noon).
Ongoing Events: Other farm or community related events may be ongoing during venue set-up and cleanup.
Tour Availability: Weekday tours preferred. Weekend requests considered upon request.
General Rental Policies?
Insurance: Couples must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly.
Security Deposit: Mayflower collects a $1,000 security deposit before any event, equivalent to the deductible on the Special Event Insurance Policy. Couples may pay by check or bank transfer or Mayflower can run a hold to the card on file before your event.
Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
Caterers: Outside caterers permitted. Food must be provided by a licensed and insured provider.
Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
Trash and Recycling: Couples must consolidate all waste (catering, florist, decor, signage) and place in designated area. Large temporary structures that cannot fit in trash receptacles must be removed from the property.
Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.