The essence of a historic farm estate is captured at this Western New York family farm. With pastures dotted by vintage farm features and acres of open fields, couples will have ample chance to create a rustic, yet elegant style wedding. This farm feel is balanced with lush landscape and historic gardens winding throughout the property. The gardens and farm estate sits elegantly against the open fields for guests to take in views and enjoy a cocktail hour. Receptions can occur in the fields and ceremonies and cocktail hours in the gorgeous gardens. The gardens are beautiful and enjoy a panoramic view over Cattaraugus Creek affording sightings of resident Bald Eagles and Great Blue Herons.
Only forty minutes from downtown Buffalo guests can enjoy the arts, music and food of the city. And for guests looking for more outdoor opportunities, they'll find weekend activities such as woodland hikes within 100 acres of forest and the fly fishing waters around. The wedding couple can rent the estate itself for overnight accommodations for the wedding party, themselves or family. There is a Board and Batten Great Lodge with 7 bedrooms, three cabins and a dorm type sleeping area -- the perfect setup for enjoying a full wedding weekend.
7 bedrooms3 bathrooms
The Gardens at Olmsted Farm is a rustic family retreat made up of the Board and Batten Great Lodge with 6 bedrooms, three smaller cabins, and a sleeping dorm with 6 cots.
The camp includes 3 x restrooms: 1 in the Board and Batten Great Lodge, 1 in the "Middle Cabin," and one in the bottom of the sleeping dorm. Restrooms only available for overnight guests.
Prices vary by season
Venue Rental Policies
Treat our Historic Home as if it were your own.
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: Not permitted indoors.
- Open Flame Policy: Wedding torches and bonfires authorized with approved permit from local fire department.
- Pet Policy: Not permitted.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Couples must bag and move to designated on-site trash receptacles.
General Rental Policies
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
Photo Credits: Kelsey Gene Photography