First settled in 1621, Buzzards Bay was one of the first permanent American towns, a historical fishermen village, nestled at the base of Cape Cod. Hidden from the water by acres of ancient pine forests, a historic dairy farm was transformed into a family-owned training stable and horse show facility several decades ago. This equestrian facility offers eighty acres of pastures, woodlands, and riding arenas, with charming red and white antique farm buildings offering a truly unique backdrop to your celebration. Just a stone throw from Cape Cod and only fifty minutes from Boston, this equestrian facility feels too pristine and hidden to be real. So whether you are looking for equestrian elegance, where guests can watch the horses trotting from one paddock to the next, or more a large scale New England farm wedding where guests have cocktails and admire the classic New England red barns, Nightingale Stables can offer both for up to 200 guests.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
The large riding barn, which can seat up to 175 can be included for an indoor space for an additional fee. The family home on the property is off-limits to wedding guests.
- Event End Time: 10 pm
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.