Westport Island Estate is perfect for the small intimate wedding on the water that you've been dreaming of. Located an hour away from Portland, Westport Island is a small, 2 x 12 mile island connected to the mainland by a bridge nearby. This beautiful, waterfront venue has spectacular views of the water from every window! Westport Island Estate has 3.5 acres for your ceremony and reception to have beautiful waterfront views overlooking the 800 feet of deepwater frontage and a private dock and mooring.
Overnight accommodations for up to 12 guests in the main cottage as well as the attached unit are included in the venue price. Guests are able to enjoy the wrap around porch or enclosed sun porch overlooking the bay. Westport Island Estate is the perfect venue to enjoy time with loved ones overlooking the active Sheepscot Bay! Any guests are able to bring their own kayaks, paddle boards, etc. to enjoy the water.
5 bedrooms2.5 bathrooms
There are 4 bedrooms in the main cottage; attached unit has a queen, double, and twin bed, sleeping 12 guests total throughout the entire estate.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: Bonfire allowed in Fire Pit.
- Pet Policy: Pets not permitted.
- Fireworks: Fireworks permitted, do not shoot into the water.
- Trash and Recycling: Dumpster on Site - couples must bag their trash but can then throw the trash in the dumpster.
- Parking: Able to accommodate up to 16 cars.
General Rental Policies
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.