Love that Old World castle charm but can't imagine not having the New England outdoors you love so much be a centerpiece of your wedding day story? Well, dreams do come true. Irasburg Castle will leave an impression on guests unlike anything else they have experienced. Capture all the elegance and history of a castle wedding with the gorgeous nature of Vermont at this Bavarian-style castle hidden on 20 acres of private forest and mountains.
Irasburg Castle is nestled at the bottom edge of Vermont's Green Mountains and features its own private pond (with moat, obviously). The castle compound includes walking trails through the woods, landscaped gardens, fountains, and large blue stone terrace with fire pit jutting out over the pond -- perfect for a cocktail hour and photos. Tented receptions can be set by the pond, where your guests can walk over the small footbridge to high-top tables and a private cocktail garden. With 20 acres of forest surrounding you, you will easily find a tranquil setting for your ceremony blocked from the outside world by this old-wood private forest.
The interior furnishings and decor continue the castle aesthetic with a large balcony overlooking the mountains and pond. For the groomsmen or bridal party looking for a little relaxation before the day starts (or as it winds down) the castle includes a complete bar and game room in the basement.
6 bedrooms5 bathrooms
Newly renovated Bavarian-style home. Includes 6 bedrooms: 4 with large full length mirrors, and 2 with European style sinks/washbasins inside rooms.
BR 1 upstairs master bedroom (king sized ) - Sleeps 2
BR 2 upstairs (2 x twin beds - trundle style) Sleeps 2
BR 3 upstairs (2 x twin beds - trundle style) Sleeps 2
BR 4 ground floor (queen) - Sleeps 2
BR 5 lower floor (bunk bed with trundle) Sleeps 4 (twin sized top bunk, double sized bottom bunk, and twin sized trundle)
BR 6 lower floor (2 x twin beds - trundle style) Sleeps 2
Prices vary by season
Venue Rental Policies
House access is limited to wedding party, immediate family, and elderly or mobility impaired.
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: Candles and torches allowed with approved permit
- Pet Policy: Pets are welcome.
- Decorations: Non-standard decorations considered upon request. Nothing permitted that may leave damage to structures or property.
- Fireworks: Fireworks permitted with prior approval from local fire department. On week nights must be complete before 9pm.
- Trash and Recycling: Couples must bag and place in designated area.
- Noise: Open to late night receptions.
General Rental Policies
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Renters must comply with all local laws regarding alcohol service. Minimum requirements include purchasing and serving alcohol through a Vermont licensed and insured caterer in accordance with state law.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
House Rental Policies
Access limited to wedding party, immediate family and elderly.
Photo Credits: Jesse Schloff Photography