Surrounded by rolling hills and streams, this historic private homestead was built in 1790 and keeps its colonial charm today. It boasts a yard filled with a pond, berry bushes, and a sunken terrace surrounded by hand built granite stonewalls. Located atop one of the Berkshires smaller hills, the venue site is surrounded by a proud New England forest of forty-five foot oaks, maples and white pine. The home is set back from a small road that winds its way through the southern Berkshires between a decades old stone walls. The area is perfect for those who value the intimacy and privacy provided by a rich New England forest, but still want access to some of the Berkshire's most quaint towns such as Stockbridge and Lenox.
The rich green lawns wrap beautifully around the 1790 farm house from the early settlers of post-revolutionary western mass. To the right of the home, couples will find parking available on a gravel drive that leads up to the sunken terrace surrounded by majestic white birch. In the fall, these trees turn a beautiful yellow creating a dramatic backdrop against the dark gray stone walls. Directly in back of the home is a shimmering pond that buffers the property from a large stand of white pines. Continuing around the home, to the left side of the home couples will find three ancient oaks dominating the a beautiful lawn dotted with a couple plots of raspberry and blackberry bushes. A couple could place a tent in any three of these locations and have a cocktail hour throughout the others.
6 bedrooms2.5 bathrooms
Prices vary by season
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: Smoking in designated areas only more than 50 feet away from the house.
- Open Flame Policy: Bonfire pit available upon request.
- Pet Policy: One large dog or two small dogs allowed in the house at one time. Other dogs allowed outdoors.
- Trash and Recycling: Carry in / Carry out
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.