With stunning views of Frenchman Bay and Bar Harbor, The Lawn on Frenchman Bay provides couples all the stately elegance of seaside New England estate. The venue offers expansive green lawns stretching from the white veranda porches down to the shoreline with views nearby Bar Harbor. Guests arrive and are greeted by quintessential new England white picket fences and immediate vista of the ocean and mountains in the distance. Surrounded by Acadia National Park, the venue's combination of forest, ocean and mountain views capture some of the most elemental features of Maine's natural beauty in just one glance. The opportunities for photos here are truly nearly endless.
The water views provide the perfect backdrop for a ceremony site. Cocktail hour can boast some hightop tables right along the lawn's edge where guests can enjoy the water views and hear the sounds of the ocean before retiring back to a beautiful tented reception as the night begins. In fall couples have the stunning water views backdropped by the gorgeous orange, yellow and reds of New England foliage across the yard and bay.
The venue's location just minutes from Bar Harbor offers couples and guests easy access to all the amenities of the charming seaside town - from art galleries, to restaurants, to quaint inns. During the weekend you and your guests enjoy local hikes in Acadia National Park, visit the Bar Harbor restaurants or just put your feet up and take in the views from a rocking chair on the deck. The venue home offers couples the chance to stay onsite with some of their family or bridal the night of and leading up to the wedding.
6 bedrooms4 bathrooms
1 King bed, 2 Queen beds, 3 Double beds, and 2 Twin/Single beds are divided into 8 different rooms on the estate. There is an additional $350 cleaning fee as well.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: No open flames.
- Pet Policy: Pets not permitted.
- Fireworks: Fireworks permitted with prior approval from local fire department.
- Trash and Recycling: Trash and recycling cans on site, however, couples must bag and move to designated area.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.