Just an hour and a half outside of Boston, this quaint Connecticut horse farm rests against the James Goodwin Forest and features sounds of flowing stream-water as it feeds into the Natchaug River.
Enjoy your ceremony in front of the rustic working horse barn and then transition into a free flowing cocktail hour with lawn games and an outdoor bar. Later, treat your guests to an outdoors tented reception atop the perfectly flat riding ring for a true country wedding suited to your style.
4 bedrooms2.5 bathrooms
The house has four bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms and a pullout couch in the living room. The honeymoon suite is reached via a cedar wooden spiral staircase and has an en-suite bathroom with a soaking tub. Magnificent views are enjoyed from this private third story haven. It has a spacious modern kitchen with a cedar vaulted ceiling and lots of living space throughout. Screened-in porch to sit and have morning coffee and enjoy the sunrise, large living room with big screen TV and game table. 2900 sq feet in total.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only.
- Open Flame Policy: Wedding torches and bonfires authorized with approved permit from local fire department.
- Pet Policy: Pets not permitted.
- Decorations: No restrictions.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Trash and recycling cans on site, however, couples must bag and move to designated area.
- Clean Up: Exterior Grounds cleanup fee $250
- Bulk Trash Removal Fee: Mandatory dumpster onsite $400
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
House Rental Policies
House cleaning fee $250
Additional night $276 per night.