Located one hour away from Portland, Dahlia Flower Farm is the hidden gem of Porter, Maine. Not only is Dahlia Flower Farm a working flower farm, but they also raise sheep, pigs, and pastured raised chickens. Excited about getting married on a flower farm? You should be! Dahlia Flower Farm also has a full wedding/event floral design business on the property. They would be more than happy to work with you directly to design your very own florals for your special day with flowers that are grown right on the property.
Want to stay the night? Dahlia Flower Farm has sites available for you and some of your wedding guests to camp overnight. End your special day camping under the stars with your new partner and closest friends.
There is room on the property for 10 camping tents at $25 per tent. Stay the night right at your wedding venue with some of your closes wedding guests to make a truly unforgettable night.
Prices vary by season
Venue Rental Policies
As this is a working flower farm, please be respectful of the areas designated as "keep out". This mostly consists of the animal area and flower gardens.
- Event End Time: 10 pm
- Smoking Policy: Smoking authorized in designated areas.
- Open Flame Policy: Wedding torches and bonfires authorized with approved permit from local fire department.
- Pet Policy: Pets considered upon request.
- Fireworks: Fireworks not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Trash and recycling cans on site, however, couples must bag and move to designated area.
Porter has a noise ordinance, so wedding festivities need to be done by 10:00pm.
General Rental Policies
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.