With acres of private fields, an orchard and stone bottom brooks, Stillwater Plains at Lye Brook is the perfect venue for a couple looking to be surrounded by Vermont's natural beauty. The venue is home to a family campground where guests can stay overnight if they so choose. The venue is only a stone's throw from the historic state capital of Vermont, Montpelier, where guests can stay, dine, shop and drink throughout the weekend.
With rolling hills behind golden hayfields and apple trees, you have countless ceremony and first look backdrops. Get married under a gorgeous birchwood trellis with family and friends sitting on wood benches and surrounded by rolling Vermont hills. Enjoy the on-site (and included) 90 x 50 tent for a reception set against the Green Mountains beyond. Guests will be able to take in the stars wandering the field or sipping cocktails at hightop tables before your reception. Later, dance the night away before guests head a short drive to nearby accommodations or wander across the field to find their own campsites which are also included. Truly a blank canvas that celebrates the beauty of Vermont. From stream, to field, to mountain, Stillwater Plains is a venue of endless potential for the creative couple that wants to create an unforgettable experience for their guests.
1 bedrooms1 bathrooms
On-site apartment available for 3 night rental. (Thursday - Sunday or Friday- Monday). $257/night
Private, artisan, wood-crafted loft apartment with loft full-sized bed. Includes 2 fridges, chest freezer and commercial stove. Guests also have shared access to eighties jacuzzi in the main house.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
This is a multi-use campground and will have other campers on-site throughout the weekend.
One portable toilet minimum per 50 guests. One Mobile restroom stall per 100 guests.
Speed Limit 10mph.
Must wash and return all tables and chairs.
Additional day for clean up ($400/day).
- Event End Time: Late night receptions authorized
- Smoking Policy: Permitted throughout campground.
- Open Flame Policy: Permitted.
- Pet Policy: Pets are welcome. Must be leashed.
- Decorations: No restrictions on use of tape or staples; must be removed after.
- Fireworks: Not authorized.
- Trash and Recycling: Dumpster on Site - couples must bag their trash but can then throw the trash in the dumpster.
- Noise: No constraint.
- Pest Control: Pest control services are not conducted or allowed.
- Reception Hours: Open to late night reception hours upon request.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Renters must comply with all local laws regarding alcohol service. Minimum requirements include purchasing and serving alcohol through a Vermont licensed and insured caterer in accordance with state law.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
House Rental Policies
Pets: Permitted inside loft.