83 others interested
Stillwater Plains at Lye Brook
With acres of private fields, an orchard and stone bottom brooks, Stillwater Plains at Lye Brook is the perfect venue for a couple looking to be surrounded by Vermont's natural beauty. The venue is home to a family campground where guests can stay overnight if they so choose. The venue is only a stone's throw from the historic state capital of Vermont, Montpelier, where guests can stay, dine, shop and drink throughout the weekend.
With rolling hills behind golden hayfields and apple trees, you have countless ceremony and first look backdrops. Get married under a gorgeous birchwood trellis with family and friends sitting on wood benches and surrounded by rolling Vermont hills. Enjoy the on-site (and included) 90 x 50 tent for a reception set against the Green Mountains beyond. Guests will be able to take in the stars wandering the field or sipping cocktails at hightop tables before your reception. Later, dance the night away before guests head a short drive to nearby accommodations or wander across the field to find their own campsites which are also included. Truly a blank canvas that celebrates the beauty of Vermont. From stream, to field, to mountain, Stillwater Plains is a venue of endless potential for the creative couple that wants to create an unforgettable experience for their guests.
Select an Available Wedding Date↓
Select and reserve your ideal wedding date before you book or tour the venue.
- One Wedding Per Weekend?
- Online Planning Tools?
- No Required Vendors
- Credit Card Enabled?
- Pay-as-you-go Financing?
- Vendor Recommendations
- Venue Logistics Support
Call or Text: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)
- Tables - Deluxe picnic tables for 120 guests (no linens needed). Vintage wood round sweet-heart table for wedding couple. Twelve 4-6 ft multipurpose folding tables.
- Chairs - 60 chairs.
- Tent - 90 x 50 white pole wedding tent; sides available for couple to hang if needed.
- Changing Rooms - Living room included for last minute preparation.
- Parking - 80 cars on-site. Up to 250 cars with use of parking lot next to local school for a small fee, including hiring mandatory police detail (~$400).
- Ceremony Arch - Birchwood Ceremony Arch/Trellis
- Kitchen Access - Residential kitchen only; includes 2 refrigerators, 2 freezers and 6-range commercial stove.
- Internet Service - House WiFi only; not available to wedding guests.
- Cellular Service - Minimal service.
- Ceremonial Benches - Supports seating for 48 guests.
- Bar - Dry bar available, drink dispensers, galvanized tubs for ice.
- Fire-pit - Wedding woodpile for additional fee. ($120)
- Camping - Campsites for up to 100 guests - 2 nights included with venue rental. Includes 4 showers and public bath house.
- RV Sites - 16 RV Sites Included with Rental. 30 and 50 Amp sites available. Water and sewer included. RVs available to rent from local vendor.
- Electric Power - Commercial grade.
- Onsite Overnight Accommodations (see below)
Amenities to Rent *
- Restrooms (Flushable Trailers / Portable)
* Recommendations Available
Home Rental Details
1 bedrooms1 bathrooms
On-site apartment available for 3 night rental. (Thursday - Sunday or Friday- Monday). $257/night
Private, artisan, wood-crafted loft apartment with loft full-sized bed. Includes 2 fridges, chest freezer and commercial stove. Guests also have shared access to eighties jacuzzi in the main house.
Pets: Permitted inside loft.
- Chocolate Cows - Made by hand at Nutty Steph's, a local chocolaterie. Made from South American chocolate and perfect for each place setting. ($4/chocolate with a minimum purchase of 75 pieces).
- Set-up - Table and chair set-up ($250)
- Venue host day of coordination services ($1,000)
- Flowers and Candlelight Decorations ($675) - Hand picked and arranged wildflowers right off the land to bountifully adorn your ceremony arbor, the tent entrance, dining tables and a lace-wrapped bridal bouquets. Completely organic, gorgeous. Also includes tent lighting with dozens of candles and hundreds of feet of tiny bulbs.
- Sound System: Two large BagEnd speakers, connected to an amplifier for your ipod or phone and a record player. PLEASE NOTE: Song-lists must be downloaded as there is no wifi or cell coverage on site. ($300)
- Wedding firewood woodpile ($120)
- Campground guests are roughly 800 feet from wedding venue area.
Outdoor capacity: 400
Event End Time: Late night receptions authorized
Reception Type: Outdoor Only
This is a multi-use campground and will have other campers on-site throughout the weekend.
One portable toilet minimum per 50 guests. One Mobile restroom stall per 100 guests.
Speed Limit 10mph.
Must wash and return all tables and chairs.
Additional day for clean up ($400/day).
Smoking Policy: Permitted throughout campground.
Open Flame Policy: Permitted.
Pet Policy: Pets are welcome. Must be leashed.
Decorations: No restrictions on use of tape or staples; must be removed after.
Fireworks: Not authorized.
Trash and Recycling: Dumpster on Site - couples must bag their trash but can then throw the trash in the dumpster.
Noise: No constraint.
Pest Control: Pest control services are not conducted or allowed.
Reception Hours: Open to late night reception hours upon request.
General Rental Policies?
Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
Alcohol: Renters must comply with all local laws regarding alcohol service. Minimum requirements include purchasing and serving alcohol through a Vermont licensed and insured caterer in accordance with state law.
Caterers: Outside caterers permitted. Renters must hire a licensed and insured caterer for their event.
Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.