Located just 90 minutes north of Boston, the Wells Reserve at Laudholm is one of Maine's best-kept secrets. On a hill above thousands of protected acres, you'll find beautiful 19th Century farm buildings, barns, and grounds overlooking Wells Bay. Host your ceremony in the large restored barn or in the fields among orchards and trees, with the Atlantic Ocean as a sparkling backdrop. The barn is able to accommodate up to 150 guests, or choose to host up to 250 guests using the barn for cocktails and dancing with a spacious tent setup outside. At the Wells Reserve at Laudholm, you're truly able to make your wedding day the one you've always envisioned.
Looking forward to giving back? The Wells Reserve at Laudholm is a National Historic Register Site and National Estuarine Research Reserve that is dedicated to understanding coastal science and climate change. It is now a 21st century scientific laboratory that serves as an ecological preserve and education center. The
rental fees from your wedding support climate research, education, and conservation on the coast of Southern Maine.
Venue Rental Policies
Only able to accommodate weekday tours.
If caterer plans on setting up a food area in the Barn and needs to use Sterno cans, they MUST have a fire extinguisher readily available.
Luminaries outside need to be in glass containers or flame-resistant bags.
Fire balloons and floating lanterns are prohibited by Maine State law.
Please be advised that each fall this venue has a seasonal centerpiece display on the grounds near the Barn which cannot be removed or displaced for your event. This is part of the landscape and the display remains up through the final weekend of September and first weekend in October.
- Event End Time: 10 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking.
- Open Flame Policy: Not permitted.
- Pet Policy: Dogs are able to be a part of the ceremony and photos of the couple, but needs to removed before the reception.
- Decorations: Helium balloons are to be deflated & disposed of in the trash, not released to float away as airborne litter. Nails, staples, screws, and other similar penetrating objects should not be driven into walls or ceilings.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Dumpster on Site - couples must bag their trash but can then throw the trash in the dumpster. Recycling is strongly recommended & bins will be made available for caterers.
- Bonfires: Not permitted.
Use of drones is prohibited.
Due to local noise ordinances, all music played under a tent or inside the Barn during your wedding must cease by 10:00pm. In addition, the sound levels of music at, and guests’ departures from, your event must not be so great as to generate complaints to the local authorities by our neighbors.
We ask that all guests vacate the property promptly by 11:00pm and all vendors depart by 12:00am. In no circumstances are wedding parties and guests allowed on site after the gates are closed.