Located just 90 minutes north of Boston, the Wells Reserve at Laudholm is one of Maine's best-kept secrets. Atop of thousands of acres, you'll find beautiful 19th century farm buildings, barns, and grounds overlooking Wells Bay. Host your ceremony in the restored saltwater barn or along the fields among the trees as a breathtaking back drop. The barn is able to accommodate up to 150 guests, or choose to host up to 250 guests for your wedding using the barn space as your cocktail hour with a spacious tent set up right outside. At The Wells Reserve at Laudholm, you're truly able to make your wedding day the one you've always envisioned.
Looking forward to giving back? The Wells Reserve at Laudholm is a National Historic Site that is dedicated to understanding coastal science and climate change. It is now a 21st century scientific research facility that serves as an ecological preserve and education center. All proceeds from your wedding help support climate research, education, and conservation for the coast of Southern Maine.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
Only able to accommodate weekday tours.
If caterer plans on setting up a food area in the Barn and needs to use Sterno cans, they MUST have a fire extinguisher readily available.
Luminaries outside need to be in glass containers or flame-resistant bags.
Fire balloons and floating lanterns are prohibited by Maine State law.
Please be advised that each fall this venue has a seasonal centerpiece display on the grounds near the Barn which cannot be removed or displaced for your event. This is part of the landscape and the display remains up through the final weekend of September and first weekend in October.
- Event End Time: 10 pm
- Smoking Policy: No smoking.
- Open Flame Policy: Not permitted.
- Pet Policy: Dogs are able to be a part of the ceremony and photos of the couple, but needs to removed before the reception.
- Decorations: Helium balloons are to be deflated & disposed of in the trash, not released to float away as airborne litter. Nails, staples, screws, and other similar penetrating objects should not be driven into walls or ceilings.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Dumpster on Site - couples must bag their trash but can then throw the trash in the dumpster. Recycling is strongly recommended & bins will be made available for caterers.
- Bonfires: Not permitted.
Use of drones is prohibited.
Due to local noise ordinances, all music played under a tent or inside the Barn during your wedding must cease by 10:00pm. In addition, the sound levels of music at, and guests’ departures from, your event must not be so great as to generate complaints to the local authorities by our neighbors.
We ask that all guests vacate the property promptly by 11:00pm and all vendors depart by 12:00am. In no circumstances are wedding parties and guests allowed on site after the gates are closed.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.
Photo Credits: Jamie Mercurio Photography