74 others interested
Located just 90 minutes north of Boston, the Magnolia Barn is one of Maine's best-kept secrets. Atop of thousands of acres, Magnolia Barn offers beautiful 19th century farm buildings, barns, and grounds overlooking Wells Bay. Host your ceremony in the restored saltwater barn or along the fields among the trees as a breathtaking back drop. The barn is able to accommodate up to 150 guests, or choose to host up to 250 guests for your wedding using the barn space as your cocktail hour with a spacious tent set up right outside. At Magnolia Barn, you're truly able to make your wedding day the one you've always envisioned.
Looking forward to giving back? Magnolia Barn is a National Historic Site that is dedicated to understanding coastal science and climate change. It is now a 21st century scientific research facility that serves as an ecological preserve and education center. All proceeds from your wedding help support climate research, education, and conservation for the coast of Southern Maine.
Select an Available Wedding Date↓
Select and reserve your ideal wedding date before you book or tour the venue
- One Wedding Per Weekend?
- Online Planning Tools?
- No Required Vendors
- Credit Card Enabled?
- Pay-as-you-go Financing?
- Vendor Recommendations
- Venue Logistics Support
Call or Text: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)
- Tables - Tables are available for rent for $10 each, available with white linens for a full price of $20 each.
- Chairs - Chairs are available for rent for $2 each.
- Changing Rooms - A clean and dry changing room with mirror, hangers, and shelf space located in the barn.
- Restrooms - Public restrooms within the barn.
- Parking - There are 80 spaces available. There is on-grass parking for overflow.
- Ceremony Arch - available for use free of charge.
- Internet Service - Guest WiFi network available for all wedding guests.
- Cellular Service - Full service.
- Day of Coordination Services - include at least one caretaker walking the event, minding fire hazards, keeping lights on and bathrooms clean, patrolling for unsafe activity, and assisting wedding parties with any setup needs of materials.
- Kitchen - Residential kitchen available for use in the auditorium. The auditorium is connected to the barn, downstairs, where caterers typically stage.
- Rehearsal Dinner - Friday night Rehearsal Dinner and post-wedding Sunday Brunch is allowed at no extra cost.
- Barn - The barn is a 36 x 100 space.
- Electric Power - Commercial grade; Available at ceremony and reception site
Amenities to Rent *
- Shuttle Transportation
* Recommendations Available
Only able to accommodate weekday tours.
If caterer plans on setting up a food area in the Barn and needs to use Sterno cans, they MUST have a fire extinguisher readily available.
Luminaries outside need to be in glass containers or flame-resistant bags.
Fire balloons and floating lanterns are prohibited by Maine State law.
Please be advised that each fall this venue has a seasonal centerpiece display on the grounds near the Barn which cannot be removed or displaced for your event. This is part of the landscape and the display remains up through the final weekend of September and first weekend in October.
Smoking Policy: No smoking.
Open Flame Policy: Not permitted.
Pet Policy: Dogs are able to be a part of the ceremony and photos of the couple, but needs to removed before the reception.
Decorations: Helium balloons are to be deflated & disposed of in the trash, not released to float away as airborne litter. Nails, staples, screws, and other similar penetrating objects should not be driven into walls or ceilings.
Fireworks: Not permitted.
Trash and Recycling: Dumpster on Site - couples must bag their trash but can then throw the trash in the dumpster. Recycling is strongly recommended & bins will be made available for caterers.
Bonfires: Not permitted.
Town Ordinances: Use of drones is prohibited.
Due to local noise ordinances, all music played under a tent or inside the Barn during your wedding must cease by 10:00pm. In addition, the sound levels of music at, and guests’ departures from, your event must not be so great as to generate complaints to the local authorities by our neighbors.
We ask that all guests vacate the property promptly by 11:00pm and all vendors depart by 12:00am. In no circumstances are wedding parties and guests allowed on site after the gates are closed.
Photo Credits: Jamie Mercurio Photography