Forest Wind Farm is a 150 year old farm located near the lakes region in southern Maine close to both mountains and the Atlantic coast. Its lush green pastures are graced by Nigerian dwarf goats as well as the vivacious Nubian goat making this untouched venue the perfect match for those who wish to combine a real farm wedding with the proximity to Boston or Portland. Forest Wind Farms has the privacy many couples seek by way of its untouched nature, fields and flowers, horse trails and a rooted forest. This venue gives you the possibility to freely plan your weeding as you want it and we recommend this place to those who are looking for a unique, down to earth experience.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: Smoking authorized in designated areas.
- Open Flame Policy: No open flames
- Pet Policy: No pets
- Fireworks: Fireworks not permitted
- Trash and Recycling: Couples/vendors must bag and consolidate trash and recycling in designated area.
- Noise: No amplified music or noise after 11pm due to town noise ordinance.
- Pest Control:
- Animals: Refrain from feeding the animals or letting them loose.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.