Located less than an hour west of Portland, Saco Valley Orchard is the perfect private location for your Maine outdoor wedding. Host your ceremony and reception nestled among the fruit trees, and overlooking the Saco River Valley, overlooking the foothills of the White Mountains. Embrace Maine's clean crisp air, and the serenity that comes with having your own private orchard to celebrate in. Get ready for your special day with your wedding party inside the farm house and then say " I Do" in the back field before leading your guests up fruit trees. This organic apple orchard has been in the same family for 3 generations now and has committed to helping you make sure your day of coordination runs smoothly.
Want the real farm feel? Saco Valley Orchard has hand made farm tables available that they custom made from the wood on their very own property.
Keep in mind this is a working apple orchard with a pick-your-own farm and country store. Weddings held between mid - August and October will be held while the farm store is open to the public. Couples are welcome to set up before hand, however the farm is closed to the public at 5pm daily.
Venue Rental Policies
Weddings held between mid - August and October will be held while the farm store is open to the public. Couples are welcome to set up before hand, however the farm is closed to the public at 5pm daily.
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: Smoking authorized in designated areas.
- Open Flame Policy: Wedding torches and bonfires authorized with approved permit from local fire department.
- Pet Policy: Dogs or cats of the wedding couple only.
- Decorations: Tape and adhesives may be used, staples or nails may not be used unless approved by venue.
- Fireworks: Fireworks permitted with prior approval from local fire department.
- Trash and Recycling: Dumpster on site. Couples must bag trash, we will move from trash cans to dumpster
General Rental Policies
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.